Old 09-20-2011, 02:43 AM

Default ftp.kernel.org is dead...long lives...what?

Hi,

for a longer time now ftp.kernel.org is not reachable and
it seems it is not in the DNS anymore.

What is another main server of the kernel sources and
not a mirror of the now dead one ftp.kernel.org?

Best regards,
mcc

Old 09-20-2011, 02:48 AM
Adam Carter

> for a longer time now ftp.kernel.org is not reachable and
> it seems it is not in the DNS anymore.
>
> What is another main server of the kernel sources and
> not a mirror of the now dead one ftp.kernel.org?

kernel.org was h4xor'd - I assume they're bring ftp back when http comes back.

IIRC Linus is hosting it somewhere else. Google will find it

Old 09-20-2011, 03:04 AM
Pandu Poluan

On Sep 20, 2011 9:51 AM, "Adam Carter" <adamcarter3@gmail.com> wrote:

> > for a longer time now ftp.kernel.org is not reachable and

> > it seems it is not in the DNS anymore.

> > What is another main server of the kernel sources and

> > not a mirror of the now dead one ftp.kernel.org?

> kernel.org was h4xor'd - I assume they're bring ftp back when http comes back.

> IIRC Linus is hosting it somewhere else. Google will find it

See Linus' github page.

Rgds,

Old 09-20-2011, 06:43 AM
Nikos Chantziaras