Old 09-19-2011, 07:16 PM
Naira Kaieski

Default Problem with php_value in apache

Hi,

Since my last gentoo update, my directives php_value and
php_admin_value in Apache configuration file don't work.

I has

www-servers/apache-2.2.20 [2.2.17]

dev-lang/php-5.3.8
[5.3.6]

In some of my virtual host

i have a especific
configuration for charset of php and charset of my conection with
the database.

Example:

<VirtualHost *:80>

******* ServerAdmin contact@dmain

******* ServerName domain

******* DocumentRoot /var/www/domain/htdocs

******* ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/domain/error_log

******* CustomLog /var/log/apache2/domain/access_log combined

******* AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

******* RewriteEngine on

******* php_value default_charset "UTF-8"

******* php_admin_value mysql.connect_charset "utf8"

******* php_admin_value mysqli.connect_charset "utf8"

******* php_admin_value pdo_mysql.connect_charset "utf8"

******* php_flag log_errors on

******* php_value error_log /var/log/apache2/errorsPHP.log

******* <Directory "/var/www/domain/htdocs">

************* Options FollowSymLinks -Indexes

************* AllowOverride All

************* Order allow,deny

************* Allow from all

******* </Directory>

</VirtualHost>

I have a backup of directory /etc before update of gentoo and with
diff command of the files i don't find any changes in configuration
file of php or apache.

Somebody has the same problem? or can help me?

Thanks,

--
Naira Kaieski
Linux Professional Institute - LPI ID: 000223834

Old 09-19-2011, 07:25 PM
Alan McKinnon

On Mon, 19 Sep 2011 16:16:53 -0300
Naira Kaieski <naira@faccat.br> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Since my last gentoo update, my directives php_value and
> php_admin_value in Apache configuration file don't work.
>
> I has
>
> www-servers/apache-2.2.20 [2.2.17]
> dev-lang/php-5.3.8 [5.3.6]
>
> In some of my virtual host i have a especific configuration for
> charset of php and charset of my conection with the database.
>
> Example:
> <VirtualHost *:80>
> ServerAdmin contact@dmain
> ServerName domain
> DocumentRoot /var/www/domain/htdocs
> ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/domain/error_log
> CustomLog /var/log/apache2/domain/access_log combined
> AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
> RewriteEngine on
> php_value default_charset "UTF-8"
> php_admin_value mysql.connect_charset "utf8"
> php_admin_value mysqli.connect_charset "utf8"
> php_admin_value pdo_mysql.connect_charset "utf8"
> php_flag log_errors on
> php_value error_log /var/log/apache2/errorsPHP.log
>
> <Directory "/var/www/domain/htdocs">
> Options FollowSymLinks -Indexes
> AllowOverride All
> Order allow,deny
> Allow from all
> </Directory>
>
> </VirtualHost>
>
> I have a backup of directory /etc before update of gentoo and with
> diff command of the files i don't find any changes in configuration
> file of php or apache.
>
> Somebody has the same problem? or can help me?

ISTR a rather large elog message with the most recent Apache update.
I've since deleted mine, so don't have it anymore.

What do your elogs say? The solution to such things is often in those
messages.

--
Alan McKinnnon
alan.mckinnon@gmail.com