Old 09-19-2011, 10:29 PM

Default Updating libpng: another libtool cockup?

Peter Humphrey <peter@humphrey.ukfsn.org> wrote:

> On Monday 19 September 2011 16:49:55 David W Noon wrote:
>
> > I hope this has explained why we should take messages about running
> > "revdep-rebuild --library libXXX" seriously.
>
> Well, you have me convinced. I had assumed that a bland revdep-rebuild would
> catch everything including the library specified. Wrong, I see.
Would preserved-rebuild catch everything that the revdep-rebuild fails
to catch?

How do
you spend it?

John Covici
covici@ccs.covici.com

Old 09-20-2011, 10:41 AM
Neil Bothwick

On Mon, 19 Sep 2011 18:29:44 -0400, covici@ccs.covici.com wrote:

> > Well, you have me convinced. I had assumed that a bland
> > revdep-rebuild would catch everything including the library
> > specified. Wrong, I see.
> Would preserved-rebuild catch everything that the revdep-rebuild fails
> to catch?

In theory yes, in practice it missed a couple of deep dependencies here.

--
Neil Bothwick

The law of Probability Dispersal decrees that whatever it is that hits
the fan will not be evenly distributed.