Old 09-16-2011, 02:54 AM

Default TMux urxvt and Unicode

Hi,

I am using urxvt in conjunction with the terminus font without
problems.
When I call

pstree -G -p

everything is fine.

Now I start tmux inside urxvt and do the same

pstree -G -p

and now all horizontal and vertical lines are no existing any more.
Crosspoints are drawn as '+'.

Changing to Ascii drawn lines is currently not an option.

As I understand tmux is nothing, which needs any encoding science,
since tmux is not an terminal emulator...or am I wrong here?

How can I make pstree make work in tmux with the above mentioned
options?

Best regards and have a nice weekend!
mcc

Old 09-16-2011, 03:26 AM
Pandu Poluan

On Sep 16, 2011 9:59 AM, <meino.cramer@gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi,

> I am using urxvt in conjunction with the terminus font without

> problems.

> When I call

> * *pstree -G *-p

> everything is fine.

> Now I start tmux inside urxvt and do the same

> * *pstree -G *-p

> and now all horizontal and vertical lines are no existing any more.

> Crosspoints are drawn as '+'.

> Changing to Ascii drawn lines is currently not an option.

> As I understand tmux is nothing, which needs any encoding science,

> since tmux is not an terminal emulator...or am I wrong here?

> How can I make pstree make work in tmux with the above mentioned

> options?

> Thank you very much in advance for any help!

> Best regards and have a nice weekend!

> mcc

what's the value of the TERM variable in urxvt and tmux?

Rgds,

Old 09-16-2011, 12:44 PM
Alex Schuster

meino.cramer@gmx.de writes:

> How can I make pstree make work in tmux with the above mentioned
> options?

Open a screen sesson in tmux

No, I don't know a real solution. Simply setting the TERM variable
back to xterm does not help.

Wonko

Old 09-16-2011, 12:52 PM
Pandu Poluan

On Sep 16, 2011 7:47 PM, "Alex Schuster" <wonko@wonkology.org> wrote:

> meino.cramer@gmx.de writes:

> > How can I make pstree make work in tmux with the above mentioned

> > options?

> Open a screen sesson in tmux

> No, I don't know a real solution. Simply setting the TERM variable

> back to xterm does not help.

> * * * *Wonko

well, AFAIK you should set TERM before starting tmux.

Have you tried that?

Rgds,

Old 09-16-2011, 01:00 PM
Alex Schuster

Pandu Poluan writes:

> On Sep 16, 2011 7:47 PM, "Alex Schuster" <wonko@wonkology.org> wrote:
> >
> > meino.cramer@gmx.de writes:
> >
> > > How can I make pstree make work in tmux with the above mentioned
> > > options?
> >
> > Open a screen sesson in tmux
> >
> > No, I don't know a real solution. Simply setting the TERM variable
> > back to xterm does not help.

> well, AFAIK you should set TERM before starting tmux.
>
> Have you tried that?

It's already set to 'xterm' in my Konsole. TERM=xterm tmux does not change
this of course, it's set to 'screen' inside. TERM=xterm pstree -G -p also
does not help.

BTW, inside screen, I have problems with mc, setting LC_ALL=C
helps against the garbage. But this has no effect for this tmux problem.

Wonko

Old 09-16-2011, 02:06 PM
Scott Stevenson

On 16/09/11 at 04:54 AM, meino.cramer@gmx.de wrote:
> How can I make pstree make work in tmux with the above mentioned
> options?

Adding the following line to ~/.tmux.conf should do it:

setw -g utf8 on

--
Scott Stevenson

Old 09-16-2011, 06:40 PM

Scott Stevenson <scott@scottstvnsn.com> [11-09-16 17:27]:
> On 16/09/11 at 04:54 AM, meino.cramer@gmx.de wrote:
> > How can I make pstree make work in tmux with the above mentioned
> > options?
>
> Adding the following line to ~/.tmux.conf should do it:
>
> setw -g utf8 on
>
> --
> Scott Stevenson

Hi Scott,

utf8 is already set and setting it again in tmux.conf
does not change the problem in a not-problem (tried nevertheless).
Beside pstrees lines everything else like german umlauts ø,ǫ end
other composed characters do work.

Old 09-16-2011, 11:24 PM

Pandu Poluan <pandu@poluan.info> [11-09-16 17:26]:
> On Sep 16, 2011 9:59 AM, <meino.cramer@gmx.de> wrote:
> >

> > Hi,
> >
> > I am using urxvt in conjunction with the terminus font without
> > problems.
> > When I call
> >
> > pstree -G -p
> >
> > everything is fine.
> >
> > Now I start tmux inside urxvt and do the same
> >
> > pstree -G -p
> >
> > and now all horizontal and vertical lines are no existing any more.
> > Crosspoints are drawn as '+'.
> >
> > Changing to Ascii drawn lines is currently not an option.
> >
> > As I understand tmux is nothing, which needs any encoding science,
> > since tmux is not an terminal emulator...or am I wrong here?
> >
> > How can I make pstree make work in tmux with the above mentioned
> > options?
> >
> > Thank you very much in advance for any help!
> > Best regards and have a nice weekend!
> > mcc
> >

> what's the value of the TERM variable in urxvt and tmux?
>
> Rgds,

in both cases:

xterm-256color

which works perfectly when using urxvt alone.

Best regards,
mcc