Old 09-14-2011, 10:05 PM
Michael Schreckenbauer

Default Really OT now ( udev + /usr)

Hi Alan,

On Wednesday, 14. September 2011 21:34:01 Alan Mackenzie wrote:
> I've been contributing to Emacs in general and CC Mode in particular for
> 10 years. I've been the sole maintainer of CC Mode (the mode used for
> coding in C, C++, Objective C, Java, Awk, and a couple of others, and an
> unknown number of derived modes) for around 5 years. Over that time I've
> spent thousands of hours on the project. My latest release was on
> Monday, and you can find it at
> <http://cc-mode.sourceforge.net/release.php>. If you use {,X}Emacs to
> hack in any these languages, I recommend you to download and install it.

although I'm a vim-using guy, and that only if no kate is available, I have
emacs and cc-mode installed on every machine I use for coding. At times I even
use it
Really cool stuff you do there and thanks for the work.

Best,
Michael

Old 09-14-2011, 10:35 PM
Michael Mol

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 6:05 PM, Michael Schreckenbauer <grimlog@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi Alan,
>
> On Wednesday, 14. September 2011 21:34:01 Alan Mackenzie wrote:
>> I've been contributing to Emacs in general and CC Mode in particular for
>> 10 years. *I've been the sole maintainer of CC Mode (the mode used for
>> coding in C, C++, Objective C, Java, Awk, and a couple of others, and an
>> unknown number of derived modes) for around 5 years. *Over that time I've
>> spent thousands of hours on the project. *My latest release was on
>> Monday, and you can find it at
>> <http://cc-mode.sourceforge.net/release.php>. *If you use {,X}Emacs to
>> hack in any these languages, I recommend you to download and install it.
>
> although I'm a vim-using guy, and that only if no kate is available, I have
> emacs and cc-mode installed on every machine I use for coding. At times I even
> use it
> Really cool stuff you do there and thanks for the work.

It occurred to me that having a decent C and C++ editing environment
might ease some of my of the spoilage I've experienced in Visual
Studio for C++. I'll be checking it out. It'll mean learning emacs,
though...

--
:wq

Old 09-15-2011, 08:09 PM
Nikos Chantziaras

[...]

Qt Creator is the best IDE I've ever used. The main strength is that
it's very simple and easy to use, and yet very powerful.

I've used a lot others too, from DevC++ to Visual Studio, Eclipse and
KDevelop. Qt Creator is the only one I actually enjoy working with.
With the other, I usually utter some swear word every other minute.