Old 09-14-2011, 12:52 AM
Alex Schuster

Default Failed to emerge dev-lang/python-2.5.4-r4

Moritz Schlarb writes:

> /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 pyconfig.h
> /var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.5.4-r4/image//usr/include/python2.5/pyconfig.h
> emake failed
> * ERROR: dev-lang/python-2.5.4-r4 failed (install phase):
> * emake altinstall maninstall failed
[...]
> Doesn't make much sense to me, failing at installing to
> python2.5-specific directories... I would investigate further, but I
> don't know how to make portage tell me more about the error that
> occured! But I'm eager to learn, would be great if someone could tell
> me where to look for debugging infos.

Look at yout build.log, line 942, a libpython2.5.so.1.0 cannot be found.
I don't know why, and I have no time to look further right now. I'd try
again with MAKEOPTS=-j1 in case something was executed out of order and in
parallel, but that's just a tip, no idea if this might help. Look
in /var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/python-2.5.4-r4/image/ and check if this
library exists, and maybe try to do by hand what failed in the build log.

Sorry, my time is up,

Wonko

Old 09-14-2011, 09:41 AM
Moritz Schlarb

Hey Wonko,
thanks for your answer...

I played around and found that there's a place in the Makefile, where
various PATHs are set, but not LD_LIBRARY_PATH, so I set it myself, and
continues by hand and it worked....
I already wanted to file a bug, so I ran emerge again to get the build
logs again, but then emerge ran fine...

So... Nevermind!

--
Moritz Schlarb