Old 09-13-2011, 05:25 PM
James

Default kde login file ?

Hello,

When you run kde-4 on gentoo and use the kde-login-manager app
are the login sessions recorded into a permanent or temporary file?

I looked in /etc/kde ; /var/log/kdm.log and xdm.log
and have found nothing.

I did find /var/log/wtmp, but it is not in a human
readable format?

I did see utmp in /etc/group
(utmp:x:406
so I guess I'm just not up on what going on here......

utmp or wtmp? What is standard for gentoo? running kde4?

I cannot seem to locate a login file.

Is the login file for kde4 standard across all(most) linux
distros for kde 4?

While I'm looking, where are the remote (ssh) login file
records usually kept on Gentoo?

Any discussion/education is most appreciated.

curiously,
James