Old 09-13-2011, 02:14 AM

Default Keyboard hangs after wake up from hinernation

Hi,

I run my IBM model M keyboard (1987 via a Belkin USB->PS2
converter.

This results in a problem

Sometimes after wakeup from supsend to disk (supend to RAM is not
check yet) the keyboard "hangs": All LEDs are flashing and not key
is accepted. "Power cycling" via USB plug helps. I am using
sys-power/hibernate-script for hibernation. I listed the usb-ohci
as module wich gets unloaded/loaded while hibernation/wake-up in
/etc/hibernate/common.conf which helps in most but not all cases.

Since power cycling the keyboard help: Is there a way to do this via
software/script when hibernate wakes the PC?

Best regards,
mcc

Old 09-14-2011, 08:19 PM
Paul Hartman

On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 9:14 PM, <meino.cramer@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I run my IBM model M keyboard (1987 via a Belkin USB->PS2
> converter.
>
> This results in a problem
>
> * Sometimes after wakeup from supsend to disk (supend to RAM is not
> * check yet) the keyboard "hangs": All LEDs are flashing and not key
> * is accepted. "Power cycling" via USB plug helps. I am using
> * sys-power/hibernate-script for hibernation. I listed the usb-ohci
> * as module wich gets unloaded/loaded while hibernation/wake-up in
> * /etc/hibernate/common.conf which helps in most but not all cases.
>

> Since power cycling the keyboard help: Is there a way to do this via
> software/script when hibernate wakes the PC?

I don't think there's any way to physically power off the device, but
maybe you can use USB power management to suspend it and then turn it
back on? It'll still technically have power the whole time but, who
knows, maybe it'll work for your case?