FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Gentoo > Gentoo User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 09-12-2011, 01:53 AM
Nilesh Govindarajan
 
Default RootFS not umounting at shutdown?

Ever since I have updated my system on 20th September, my rootfs
(/dev/sda2) isn't umounted (remounted ro) on shutdown, due to which I
see recover messages by kernel at boot (before init starts up).

What's going wrong? I added the rc-service named root to the sysinit
runlevel, but it seems nothing happened.

--
Nilesh Govindarajan
http://nileshgr.com
 
Old 09-12-2011, 01:59 AM
"Albert W. Hopkins"
 
Default RootFS not umounting at shutdown?

On Monday, September 12 at 07:23 (+0530), Nilesh Govindarajan said:

> Ever since I have updated my system on 20th September, my rootfs
> (/dev/sda2) isn't umounted (remounted ro) on shutdown, due to which I
> see recover messages by kernel at boot (before init starts up).
>
> What's going wrong? I added the rc-service named root to the sysinit
> runlevel, but it seems nothing happened.

https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=381783
 
Old 09-12-2011, 02:02 AM
Dale
 
Default RootFS not umounting at shutdown?

Nilesh Govindarajan wrote:

Ever since I have updated my system on 20th September, my rootfs
(/dev/sda2) isn't umounted (remounted ro) on shutdown, due to which I
see recover messages by kernel at boot (before init starts up).

What's going wrong? I added the rc-service named root to the sysinit
runlevel, but it seems nothing happened.


https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=381783

There you go. Look at the bottom posts and you can see what version has
the fix.


Dale

:-) :-)
 
Old 09-12-2011, 02:22 AM
Nilesh Govindarajan
 
Default RootFS not umounting at shutdown?

On Mon 12 Sep 2011 07:32:25 AM IST, Dale wrote:
> Nilesh Govindarajan wrote:
>> Ever since I have updated my system on 20th September, my rootfs
>> (/dev/sda2) isn't umounted (remounted ro) on shutdown, due to which I
>> see recover messages by kernel at boot (before init starts up).
>>
>> What's going wrong? I added the rc-service named root to the sysinit
>> runlevel, but it seems nothing happened.
>>
> https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=381783
>
> There you go. Look at the bottom posts and you can see what version
> has the fix.
>
> Dale
>
> :-) :-)

There it goes. Thanks for the link. Updated to openrc 0.9.3-r1, let's
see if it does the job or not. :-)

--
--
Nilesh Govindarajan
http://nileshgr.com
 
Old 09-12-2011, 02:37 AM
Dale
 
Default RootFS not umounting at shutdown?

Nilesh Govindarajan wrote:

On Mon 12 Sep 2011 07:32:25 AM IST, Dale wrote:

Nilesh Govindarajan wrote:

Ever since I have updated my system on 20th September, my rootfs
(/dev/sda2) isn't umounted (remounted ro) on shutdown, due to which I
see recover messages by kernel at boot (before init starts up).

What's going wrong? I added the rc-service named root to the sysinit
runlevel, but it seems nothing happened.


https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=381783

There you go. Look at the bottom posts and you can see what version
has the fix.

Dale

:-) :-)

There it goes. Thanks for the link. Updated to openrc 0.9.3-r1, let's
see if it does the job or not. :-)



If not, let them know on the bug too.

Dale

:-) :-)
 
Old 09-12-2011, 11:02 AM
Nilesh Govindarajan
 
Default RootFS not umounting at shutdown?

On Mon 12 Sep 2011 08:07:27 AM IST, Dale wrote:
> Nilesh Govindarajan wrote:
>> On Mon 12 Sep 2011 07:32:25 AM IST, Dale wrote:
>>> Nilesh Govindarajan wrote:
>>>> Ever since I have updated my system on 20th September, my rootfs
>>>> (/dev/sda2) isn't umounted (remounted ro) on shutdown, due to which I
>>>> see recover messages by kernel at boot (before init starts up).
>>>>
>>>> What's going wrong? I added the rc-service named root to the sysinit
>>>> runlevel, but it seems nothing happened.
>>>>
>>> https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=381783
>>>
>>> There you go. Look at the bottom posts and you can see what version
>>> has the fix.
>>>
>>> Dale
>>>
>>> :-) :-)
>> There it goes. Thanks for the link. Updated to openrc 0.9.3-r1, let's
>> see if it does the job or not. :-)
>>
>
> If not, let them know on the bug too.
>
> Dale
>
> :-) :-)

Update- It works. :-)

--
Nilesh Govindarajan
http://nileshgr.com
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 04:17 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org