Old 09-10-2011, 05:01 AM

Default ALTGR-INTL keymapping for the Linux console?

Hi,

is it possible to use an pc101,us,altgr-intl keymapping for the linux console
as I use it under X-Windows without mapping each "special key"
manually?

Under /usr/share/keymaps I didn't find anything named that way...

Thank you very much for any help in advance!

Have a nice weekend!
Best regards,
mcc

Old 09-10-2011, 05:24 AM
Canek Peláez Valdés

On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 1:01 AM, <meino.cramer@gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is it possible to use an pc101,us,altgr-intl keymapping for the linux console
> as I use it under X-Windows without mapping each "special key"
> manually?
>
> Under /usr/share/keymaps I didn't find anything named that way...

For Latin-1 with OpenRC, setting /etc/conf.d/keymaps, the key "keymap"
to "la-latin1" works. The keymap is in:

/usr/share/keymaps/i386/qwerty/la-latin1.map.gz

Regards.
--
Canek Peláez Valdés
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México

Old 09-10-2011, 05:31 AM

Canek Peláez Valdés <caneko@gmail.com> [11-09-10 07:28]:
> On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 1:01 AM, <meino.cramer@gmx.de> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > is it possible to use an pc101,us,altgr-intl keymapping for the linux console
> > as I use it under X-Windows without mapping each "special key"
> > manually?
> >
> > Under /usr/share/keymaps I didn't find anything named that way...
>
> For Latin-1 with OpenRC, setting /etc/conf.d/keymaps, the key "keymap"
> to "la-latin1" works. The keymap is in:
>
> /usr/share/keymaps/i386/qwerty/la-latin1.map.gz
>
> Regards.
> --
> Canek Peláez Valdés
> Posgrado en Ciencia e Ingeniería de la Computación
> Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México

Hi Canek,

thank you very much for your help. I forgot to mention, that
I am running UTF8 -- is this keymap still working with it?

Best regards,
mcc