Old 02-16-2008, 08:43 PM
Allan Gottlieb

Default evince and letter size paper

emerging libpaper says

elog "run "paperconfig -p letter" as root to use letter-pagesizes"
elog "or paperconf with normal user privileges."

I did the first and when I run
paperconf
it says letter as does
cat /etc/papersize

Nonetheless, whenever evince starts up it defaults to A4 paper.
Any help would be appreciated.

thanks,
allan

Old 02-17-2008, 11:08 AM
Mick

On Saturday 16 February 2008, Allan Gottlieb wrote:
> emerging libpaper says
>
> elog "run "paperconfig -p letter" as root to use letter-pagesizes"
> elog "or paperconf with normal user privileges."
>
> I did the first and when I run
> paperconf
> it says letter as does
> cat /etc/papersize
>
> Nonetheless, whenever evince starts up it defaults to A4 paper.
> Any help would be appreciated.

I am only quoting from the man pages here, papercof -d should run the default
paper size which from what you're saying above is set to letter?

Has evince got it's own application level configuration for paper size under
printer settings, or something like that?
Mick

Old 02-17-2008, 02:30 PM
"Henry Gebhardt"

> Nonetheless, whenever evince starts up it defaults to A4 paper.
> Any help would be appreciated.

What size are your PDFs? In particular the output from

*** pdfinfo <pdffile.pdf> | grep 'Page size'

*might be interesting.

~Henry