Old 09-09-2011, 12:14 PM
Space Cake

Default user mount authorization failed

Hi,

After playing with remove gnome and kde I have only one problem. When I
try to access my external driver by clicking on the icon in Thunar I'm
getting message "unauthorized". What mystical file I have to edit to
restore this functionality which was ok in my other environment than xfce?

Thank you
Laszlo

Old 09-09-2011, 12:39 PM
Michael Schreckenbauer

Hi,

Am Freitag, 9. September 2011, 14:14:40 schrieb Space Cake:
> Hi,
>
> After playing with remove gnome and kde I have only one problem. When I
> try to access my external driver by clicking on the icon in Thunar I'm
> getting message "unauthorized". What mystical file I have to edit to
> restore this functionality which was ok in my other environment than xfce?

you need to configure polkit for this to work.
Create a file /etc/polkit-1/localauthority/50-local.d/my-polkit-udisks.pkla
with content:

[udisks full access]
Identity=unix-group:wheel
Action=org.freedesktop.udisks.*
ResultActive=yes

Here users of group wheel are allowed to do all udisks related actions.
Change this to fit your needs.
Look into man pklocalauthority also, it has some details.

> Thank you
> Laszlo

Hth,
Michael