Old 09-09-2011, 03:09 AM
Moshe Kamensky

Default Gentoo on MacBook

Hi There,

I am trying to install Gentoo dual boot on a MacBook Pro (17 inch). I
have refit installed, but the problem is that I cannot boot from the CD
(the option is not available in the menu). I was wondering if someone
knows how to do it.

Thanks,
Moshe

Old 09-09-2011, 03:14 AM

Moshe Kamensky <moshe.kamensky@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi There,
>
> I am trying to install Gentoo dual boot on a MacBook Pro (17 inch). I
> have refit installed, but the problem is that I cannot boot from the CD
> (the option is not available in the menu). I was wondering if someone
> knows how to do it.

What happens if you hold the c key when you hear the chime -- keep
holding for a minute or so and it should boot from the cd.

How do
you spend it?

John Covici
covici@ccs.covici.com

Old 09-09-2011, 03:26 AM
Moshe Kamensky

* covici@ccs.covici.com <covici@ccs.covici.com> [08/09/11 23:18]:
> Moshe Kamensky <moshe.kamensky@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi There,
> >
> > I am trying to install Gentoo dual boot on a MacBook Pro (17 inch). I
> > have refit installed, but the problem is that I cannot boot from the CD
> > (the option is not available in the menu). I was wondering if someone
> > knows how to do it.
>
> What happens if you hold the c key when you hear the chime -- keep
> holding for a minute or so and it should boot from the cd.

That helped, thanks!

Moshe