Old 09-08-2011, 06:39 AM
"Casper Ti. Vector"

Default net-misc/wget-1.13.3-r2: unexpected behaviour with some options

With net-misc/wget-1.13.3-r2, when executing `wget --version', I get
"GNU Wget 1.13.3 built on linux-gnu.

+digest "
(intepret as C string, you migh need to note that there is no newline in
the end of the output); when executing `wget --help', I get
"GNU Wget 1.13.3, a non-interactive network retriever.
"
(also intepret as C string).

This seems to be a bug since with `--help', wget should print its
options; and with `--version', wget should print its compile-time
configurations, which should be more than 20 lines.

My Gentoo system is updated daily with global ~amd64 keyword in use.
USE flags of net-misc/wget-1.13.3-r2:
ipv6 nls ssl -debug -idn -ntlm -static

Sorry to report this in the mail list, but there's some difficulties in
accessing <bugs.gentoo.org> for me. Please tell me if this is
inappropriate.

--
Using GPG/PGP? Please get my current public key (ID: 0xAEF6A134,
valid from 2010 to 2013) from a key server.