Old 09-07-2011, 05:45 PM

Default altgr-intl keyboard layout

Hi,

from here I learned the altgr-intl keyboard layout:
http://dry.sailingissues.com/us-international-keyboard-layout.html
which I will try. It seems to be a good choice for daily
programming and writing (I need german Umlauts...

Instead of altgr-intl: Is there a windows equivalent, for
which I can search to find a howto to establish this
kind of keyboard-fu on my keyboard at work, where there
is no Linux reachable?

Thank you very much for any help in advance!
Best regards,
mcc

Old 09-08-2011, 02:15 PM
Paul Hartman

On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 12:45 PM, <meino.cramer@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> from here I learned the altgr-intl keyboard layout:
> http://dry.sailingissues.com/us-international-keyboard-layout.html
> which I will try. It seems to be a good choice for daily
> programming and writing (I need german Umlauts...
>
> Instead of altgr-intl: Is there a windows equivalent, for
> which I can search to find a howto to establish this
> kind of keyboard-fu on my keyboard at work, where there
> is no Linux reachable?

Control Panel -> Region and Languages -> Keyboards and Languages

or whatever those are called if you use German-language windows

It is slightly different than the implementation in Linux, but
basically the same.