Old 09-06-2011, 05:26 PM
Pandu Poluan

Default Filesystem with lowest CPU load, acceptable emerge performance, and stable?

So, can anyone recommend me a filesystem that fulfills my following needs:

Scenario: vFirewall (virtual Firewall) that is going to be deployed at
my IaaS Cloud Provider.

Disk I/O Characteristic: Occasional writes during 'normal' usage,
once-a-week eix-sync + emerge -avuD

My Google-Fu seems to indicate either XFS or JFS; what do you think?

Rgds,

Pandu E Poluan - IT Optimizer
My website: http://pandu.poluan.info/