Old 09-06-2011, 11:41 AM
Todd Goodman

Default Dependency Problem with Bind and Mysql

I've been getting the following problem trying to emerge world for the
past few days:

!!! Problem resolving dependencies for net-dns/bind from @selected
... done!

!!! The ebuild selected to satisfy "net-dns/bind" has unmet
requirements.
- net-dns/bind-9.8.1::gentoo USE="berkdb dlz mysql odbc ssl threads xml
-caps -doc -geoip -gost -gssapi -idn -ipv6 -ldap -pkcs11 -postgres
-rpz -sdb-ldap (-selinux) -urandom"

The following REQUIRED_USE flag constraints are unsatisfied:
mysql? ( !threads )

The above constraints are a subset of the following complete
expression:
postgres? ( dlz ) berkdb? ( dlz ) mysql? ( dlz !threads ) odbc? (
dlz ) ldap? ( dlz ) sdb-ldap? ( dlz ) gost? ( ssl )

(dependency required by "@selected" [set])
(dependency required by "@world" [argument])

So it looks like bind-9.8.1 wants mysql with the threads use flag
disabled. I have added:

>=dev-db/mysql-5.1.58-r1 -threads

to /etc/portage/package.use

However, I don't believe mysql-5.1.58-r1 uses the threads use flag?

Anyone have any ideas (aside from down-reving mysql?)

Thanks,

Todd

Old 09-06-2011, 01:58 PM
Adam Carter

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 9:41 PM, Todd Goodman <tsg@bonedaddy.net> wrote:
> I've been getting the following problem trying to emerge world for the
> past few days:
>
> !!! Problem resolving dependencies for net-dns/bind from @selected
> ... done!
<snip>
> However, I don't believe mysql-5.1.58-r1 uses the threads use flag?
>
> Anyone have any ideas (aside from down-reving mysql?)

Since i'm not using the mysql stuff with bind, i just added

net-dns/bind -mysql

to /etc/portage/package.use

Old 09-06-2011, 02:32 PM
Paul Hartman

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 6:41 AM, Todd Goodman <tsg@bonedaddy.net> wrote:
> I've been getting the following problem trying to emerge world for the
> past few days:
>
> !!! Problem resolving dependencies for net-dns/bind from @selected
> ... done!
>
> !!! The ebuild selected to satisfy "net-dns/bind" has unmet
> requirements.
> - net-dns/bind-9.8.1::gentoo USE="berkdb dlz mysql odbc ssl threads xml
> *-caps -doc -geoip -gost -gssapi -idn -ipv6 -ldap -pkcs11 -postgres
> -rpz -sdb-ldap (-selinux) -urandom"
>
> *The following REQUIRED_USE flag constraints are unsatisfied:
> * *mysql? ( !threads )
>
> *The above constraints are a subset of the following complete
> expression:
> * *postgres? ( dlz ) berkdb? ( dlz ) mysql? ( dlz !threads ) odbc? (
> dlz ) ldap? ( dlz ) sdb-ldap? ( dlz ) gost? ( ssl )
>
> (dependency required by "@selected" [set])
> (dependency required by "@world" [argument])
>

> So it looks like bind-9.8.1 wants mysql with the threads use flag
> disabled. *I have added:
>
>>=dev-db/mysql-5.1.58-r1 -threads
>
> to /etc/portage/package.use
>
> However, I don't believe mysql-5.1.58-r1 uses the threads use flag?
>
> Anyone have any ideas (aside from down-reving mysql?)

I think you need to set bind -threads, not mysql.

Old 09-06-2011, 02:36 PM
Paul Hartman

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 9:32 AM, Paul Hartman
<paul.hartman+gentoo@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 6:41 AM, Todd Goodman <tsg@bonedaddy.net> wrote:
>> I've been getting the following problem trying to emerge world for the
>> past few days:
>>
>> !!! Problem resolving dependencies for net-dns/bind from @selected
>> ... done!
>>
>> !!! The ebuild selected to satisfy "net-dns/bind" has unmet
>> requirements.
>> - net-dns/bind-9.8.1::gentoo USE="berkdb dlz mysql odbc ssl threads xml
>> *-caps -doc -geoip -gost -gssapi -idn -ipv6 -ldap -pkcs11 -postgres
>> -rpz -sdb-ldap (-selinux) -urandom"
>>
>> *The following REQUIRED_USE flag constraints are unsatisfied:
>> * *mysql? ( !threads )
>>
>> *The above constraints are a subset of the following complete
>> expression:
>> * *postgres? ( dlz ) berkdb? ( dlz ) mysql? ( dlz !threads ) odbc? (
>> dlz ) ldap? ( dlz ) sdb-ldap? ( dlz ) gost? ( ssl )
>>
>> (dependency required by "@selected" [set])
>> (dependency required by "@world" [argument])
>>

>> So it looks like bind-9.8.1 wants mysql with the threads use flag
>> disabled. *I have added:
>>
>>>=dev-db/mysql-5.1.58-r1 -threads
>>
>> to /etc/portage/package.use
>>
>> However, I don't believe mysql-5.1.58-r1 uses the threads use flag?
>>
>> Anyone have any ideas (aside from down-reving mysql?)
>
> I think you need to set bind -threads, not mysql.

I just tried and setting these USE flags for bind satisfied it:

net-dns/bind mysql dlz -threads

Old 09-06-2011, 02:53 PM
Alan McKinnon

On Tue, 6 Sep 2011 09:32:39 -0500
Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 6:41 AM, Todd Goodman <tsg@bonedaddy.net>
> wrote:
> > I've been getting the following problem trying to emerge world for
> > the past few days:
> >
> > !!! Problem resolving dependencies for net-dns/bind from @selected
> > ... done!
> >
> > !!! The ebuild selected to satisfy "net-dns/bind" has unmet
> > requirements.
> > - net-dns/bind-9.8.1::gentoo USE="berkdb dlz mysql odbc ssl threads
> > xml -caps -doc -geoip -gost -gssapi -idn -ipv6 -ldap -pkcs11
> > -postgres -rpz -sdb-ldap (-selinux) -urandom"
> >
> > *The following REQUIRED_USE flag constraints are unsatisfied:
> > * *mysql? ( !threads )
> >
> > *The above constraints are a subset of the following complete
> > expression:
> > * *postgres? ( dlz ) berkdb? ( dlz ) mysql? ( dlz !threads ) odbc? (
> > dlz ) ldap? ( dlz ) sdb-ldap? ( dlz ) gost? ( ssl )
> >
> > (dependency required by "@selected" [set])
> > (dependency required by "@world" [argument])
> >

> > So it looks like bind-9.8.1 wants mysql with the threads use flag
> > disabled. *I have added:
> >
> >>=dev-db/mysql-5.1.58-r1 -threads
> >
> > to /etc/portage/package.use
> >
> > However, I don't believe mysql-5.1.58-r1 uses the threads use flag?
> >
> > Anyone have any ideas (aside from down-reving mysql?)
>
> I think you need to set bind -threads, not mysql.

Correct. The meaning of this line:

> > * *mysql? ( !threads )

is: for the package mentioned immediately above
(net-dns/bind-9.8.1::gentoo), USE="mysql" requires USE="-threads"

The USEs are just for the bind package, not global.

--
Alan McKinnnon
alan.mckinnon@gmail.com

Old 09-07-2011, 07:39 AM
Adam Carter

> I think you need to set bind -threads, not mysql.

You have to resolve the build issue in the way that suits you best.
Since i'm not using the mysql integration features with bind, there's
no reason to forego threads in bind to permit support for something
i'm not using.

Old 09-07-2011, 02:04 PM
Todd Goodman

* Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@gmail.com> [110906 10:08]:
> On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 9:32 AM, Paul Hartman
> <paul.hartman+gentoo@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 6:41 AM, Todd Goodman <tsg@bonedaddy.net> wrote:
> >> I've been getting the following problem trying to emerge world for the
> >> past few days:
> >>
> >> !!! Problem resolving dependencies for net-dns/bind from @selected
> >> ... done!
> >>
> >> !!! The ebuild selected to satisfy "net-dns/bind" has unmet
> >> requirements.
> >> - net-dns/bind-9.8.1::gentoo USE="berkdb dlz mysql odbc ssl threads xml
> >> *-caps -doc -geoip -gost -gssapi -idn -ipv6 -ldap -pkcs11 -postgres
> >> -rpz -sdb-ldap (-selinux) -urandom"
> >>
> >> *The following REQUIRED_USE flag constraints are unsatisfied:
> >> * *mysql? ( !threads )
> >>
> >> *The above constraints are a subset of the following complete
> >> expression:
> >> * *postgres? ( dlz ) berkdb? ( dlz ) mysql? ( dlz !threads ) odbc? (
> >> dlz ) ldap? ( dlz ) sdb-ldap? ( dlz ) gost? ( ssl )
> >>
> >> (dependency required by "@selected" [set])
> >> (dependency required by "@world" [argument])
> >>

> >> So it looks like bind-9.8.1 wants mysql with the threads use flag
> >> disabled. *I have added:

> >> to /etc/portage/package.use
> >>
> >> However, I don't believe mysql-5.1.58-r1 uses the threads use flag?
> >>
> >> Anyone have any ideas (aside from down-reving mysql?)
> >
> > I think you need to set bind -threads, not mysql.
>
> I just tried and setting these USE flags for bind satisfied it:
>
> net-dns/bind mysql dlz -threads

Thanks everyone for pointing out my dumb mistake in interpreting the
output. :-)

Todd