Old 09-04-2011, 10:48 PM
Alex Schuster

Default problem with dump

Allan Gottlieb writes:

> I noticed that the last two (daily) dumps have been bad (too short,
> unreadable by restore).
>
> I tried to remerge app-arch/dump both 0.4.44-r1 (which I had before)
> and o.4.44. Both failed in the compile phase (details below).
> This seem a little frightening to me. Can someone tell me what has
> happened

When I try to install it, I get the same problem. I guess somethings in
one of the header files it delivers has been changed in the recent
update of ext2fsprogs-libs from 1.41.14 to 1.42_pre0702. That was two
days ago, so might this be the reason for dump failing in the first place?

You could try to downgrade ext2fsprogs-libs, but don't unmerge it first,
I think this will break all sorts of things.

Someone should report a bug... if noone volunteers, I'll do this myself
some time tomorrow.

Wonko

Old 09-04-2011, 11:16 PM
Allan Gottlieb

On Sun, Sep 04 2011, Alex Schuster wrote:

> Allan Gottlieb writes:
>
>> I noticed that the last two (daily) dumps have been bad (too short,
>> unreadable by restore).
>>
>> I tried to remerge app-arch/dump both 0.4.44-r1 (which I had before)
>> and o.4.44. Both failed in the compile phase (details below).
>> This seem a little frightening to me. Can someone tell me what has
>> happened
>
> When I try to install it, I get the same problem. I guess somethings in
> one of the header files it delivers has been changed in the recent
> update of ext2fsprogs-libs from 1.41.14 to 1.42_pre0702. That was two
> days ago, so might this be the reason for dump failing in the first place?
>
> You could try to downgrade ext2fsprogs-libs, but don't unmerge it first,
> I think this will break all sorts of things.
>
> Someone should report a bug... if noone volunteers, I'll do this myself
> some time tomorrow.
>
> Wonko

Thanks I just submitted 381835. I wasn't sure of the etiquette do did
not mention your name in regards to ext2fsprogs-libs.

I feel much relieved after reading your (extremely prompt) reply.
Thank you.

allan