Old 09-04-2011, 04:23 AM
Dale

Default Layman errors. Google ain't helping.

I'm working on the install for my friend still. Since KDE4 wants to
stay in bed, I thought I would try KDE3 from the overlay. I read not
long ago that it is still somewhat kicking. So I installed layman and
added the overlay. I then added this line to make.conf:

source /var/lib/layman/make.conf

When I add that, I get errors like this:

!!! Parse error in '/etc/make.conf': source command failed: [Errno 2] No
such file or directory: '/var/lib/layman/make.config'
!!! Parse error in '/etc/make.conf': source command failed: [Errno 2] No
such file or directory: '/var/lib/layman/make.config'

fireball / # eix-update
Reading Portage settings ..
failed to source '/var/lib/layman/make.config'
Building database (/var/cache/eix) ..
[0] "gentoo" /usr/portage/ (cache: metadata-flat)

I have googled and followed some Gentoo docs and this error just keeps
popping up. What am I doing wrong?

Keep in mind I am doing a 32 bit install on a 64 bit machine. I am
following the guide that was linked to earlier.

Ideas?

Dale

:-) :-)

Old 09-04-2011, 04:26 AM
Dale

Dale wrote:
[...]

Oh, the file is there.

fireball / # ls -al /var/lib/layman/make.conf
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 64 Sep 3 22:49 /var/lib/layman/make.conf
fireball / #

I forgot to post that. Fire away. I need ideas. ;-)

Dale

:-) :-)

Old 09-04-2011, 06:58 AM

Dale <rdalek1967@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm working on the install for my friend still. Since KDE4 wants to
> stay in bed, I thought I would try KDE3 from the overlay. I read not
> long ago that it is still somewhat kicking. So I installed layman and
> added the overlay. I then added this line to make.conf:
>
> source /var/lib/layman/make.conf
>
> When I add that, I get errors like this:
>
> !!! Parse error in '/etc/make.conf': source command failed: [Errno 2]
> No such file or directory: '/var/lib/layman/make.config'
> !!! Parse error in '/etc/make.conf': source command failed: [Errno 2]
> No such file or directory: '/var/lib/layman/make.config'
>
> fireball / # eix-update
> Reading Portage settings ..
> failed to source '/var/lib/layman/make.config'
> Building database (/var/cache/eix) ..
> [0] "gentoo" /usr/portage/ (cache: metadata-flat)
>
> I have googled and followed some Gentoo docs and this error just keeps
> popping up. What am I doing wrong?
>
> Keep in mind I am doing a 32 bit install on a 64 bit machine. I am
> following the guide that was linked to earlier.
>
> Ideas?
I think you have run into the fact that you only put that source line
after you have added your first overlay -- is this the case?

How do
you spend it?

John Covici
covici@ccs.covici.com

Old 09-04-2011, 07:33 AM
Andrea Conti

>> No such file or directory: '/var/lib/layman/make.config'
^^^^^^
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 64 Sep 3 22:49 /var/lib/layman/make.conf
^^^^
That's either a typo or the source of the problem

andrea

Old 09-04-2011, 01:20 PM
Dale

covici@ccs.covici.com wrote:

[...]

I did do it afterwards because when I read the guide, it said to do it
afterwards. If you do it earlier portage will complain. It appears
that has changed. What do I do to fix this mess?

Dale

:-) :-)

Old 09-04-2011, 01:24 PM
Dale

Andrea Conti wrote:

No such file or directory: '/var/lib/layman/make.config'

^^^^^^

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 64 Sep 3 22:49 /var/lib/layman/make.conf

^^^^
That's either a typo or the source of the problem

andrea

That's what the guide has:

# If you have>=app-portage/layman-1.3.0
# source "/var/lib/layman/make.conf"

I'm using 1.4 but that is also what the message said after I emerge it. I actually copied it from there.

Ideas?

Dale

:-) :-)

Old 09-04-2011, 02:24 PM
James Broadhead

make.config != make.conf

Old 09-04-2011, 02:34 PM
Dale

James Broadhead wrote:

make.config != make.conf

Oh yea !!! Much better. I knew it had to be something stupid that only
I would do. I copied that from somewhere tho. I need to find out where
so I can report it. I get this now:

fireball / # eix-update
Reading Portage settings ..
Building database (/var/cache/eix) ..
[0] "gentoo" /usr/portage/ (cache: metadata-flat)
Reading category 155|155 (100%) Finished
[1] "kde-sunset" /var/lib/layman/kde-sunset (cache:
parse|ebuild*#metadata-flat#assign)

Reading category 17|155 ( 10%): app-misc .. *

THANKS MUCH !!!!

Dale

:-) :-)