Old 09-03-2011, 09:44 AM
Ignas Anikevicius

Default Help needed:jpeg_resync_to_restart() and zathura pdf reader

Hello list,

I was wondering if someone could explain me what ebuild provides the
jpeg_resync_to_restart() function as when I try to run a pdf using a
zathura-pdf-mupdf plugin, it gives me the following error:
error: could not load plugin /usr/lib/zathura/pdf.so
(/usr/lib/zathura/pdf.so: undefined symbol: jpeg_resync_to_restart)

I was told that it might be a problem with the libjpeg-turbo, but I
have tried both versions (1.1.0 and 1.1.1) and it did not affect
anything. I was wondering whether there are some compilation options,
which I am not aware of?

Alternatively, the problem might lie in my lack of knowledge in
writing ebuilds. You can find my ebuild on [1], whereas a known
version of AUR PKGBUILD can be found on [2]. Could someone, ideally
familiar with both GNU/Linux Distributions, explain me what I am doing
wrong?

All best,
Ignas A.

[1] -
https://github.com/gns-ank/gnlay/blob/master/app-text/zathura-pdf-mupdf/zathura-pdf-mupdf-9999.ebuild
[2] - http://aur.archlinux.org/packages/za/zathura-pdf-mupdf-git/PKGBUILD

Old 09-04-2011, 12:29 AM
Michael Orlitzky

On 09/03/2011 05:44 AM, Ignas Anikevicius wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I was wondering if someone could explain me what ebuild provides the
> jpeg_resync_to_restart() function as when I try to run a pdf using a
> zathura-pdf-mupdf plugin, it gives me the following error:
> error: could not load plugin /usr/lib/zathura/pdf.so
> (/usr/lib/zathura/pdf.so: undefined symbol: jpeg_resync_to_restart)
>
> I was told that it might be a problem with the libjpeg-turbo, but I
> have tried both versions (1.1.0 and 1.1.1) and it did not affect
> anything. I was wondering whether there are some compilation options,
> which I am not aware of?
>
> Alternatively, the problem might lie in my lack of knowledge in
> writing ebuilds. You can find my ebuild on [1], whereas a known
> version of AUR PKGBUILD can be found on [2]. Could someone, ideally
> familiar with both GNU/Linux Distributions, explain me what I am doing
> wrong?

The latest zathura ebuild in portage has,

RDEPEND=">=x11-libs/cairo-1.8.8
>=dev-libs/glib-2.22.4:2
>=x11-libs/gtk+-2.18.6:2
>=app-text/poppler-0.12.3[cairo]"
DEPEND="${RDEPEND}
dev-util/pkgconfig"

How come you only have the following?

RDEPEND=">=app-text/mupdf-0.8"

DEPEND="${RDEPEND}
dev-util/pkgconfig"

And have you tried using libjpeg instead of the -turbo version?

Old 09-04-2011, 07:23 PM
Ignas Anikevicius

Hello,