Old 09-02-2011, 01:41 PM
Nilesh Govindarajan

Default Cheapest dedicated gentoo servers?

Hi,

I'm looking for dedicated server providers whose rates are low, support
Gentoo and most importantly are reliable. Service should be stable.
Location is not important, but preferable in EU.

--
Nilesh Govindarajan
http://nileshgr.com

Old 09-02-2011, 02:50 PM
AGagliardi

I'm looking for dedicated server providers whose rates are low, support
Gentoo and most importantly are reliable. Service should be stable.
Location is not important, but preferable in EU.

how much is cheap?
kimsufi starts from 18 euro / month (not tried)
ovh starts from 60 euro / month (tried and great tools/service but a bit
unstable in first days)

a.

Sponsor:
Un pernottamento e colazione con 1 ingresso a un parco a scelta da euro 49 in doppia all'hotel La Cappuccina di Riccione
Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=11799&d=2-9

Old 09-02-2011, 09:13 PM
Bill Longman

On 09/02/2011 06:41 AM, Nilesh Govindarajan wrote:
> Gentoo and most importantly are reliable. Service should be stable.

Isn't this an oxymoron?

Old 09-02-2011, 10:52 PM
Matthew Finkel

I'm looking for dedicated server providers whose rates are low, support

Gentoo and most importantly are reliable. Service should be stable.

Location is not important, but preferable in EU.

--

Nilesh Govindarajan

http://nileshgr.com
I don't know of any dedicated services that meet your requirements, but is it a hard requirement that the server be dedicated? VPSs can be just as stable as a dedicated and are usually much cheaper. KVM and Xen environments are becoming much more*prevalent. What type of storage/memory requirements do you have, if you don't mind me asking?

- Matt
--
Matthew Finkel

Old 09-02-2011, 10:56 PM
Adam Carter

> I'm looking for dedicated server providers whose rates are low, support
> Gentoo and most importantly are reliable. Service should be stable.
> Location is not important, but preferable in EU.

Amazon EC2 does Gentoo... Big name may help you sell to management.

Old 09-03-2011, 01:57 AM
Nilesh Govindarajan

On 09/03/2011 04:26 AM, Adam Carter wrote:
>> I'm looking for dedicated server providers whose rates are low, support
>> Gentoo and most importantly are reliable. Service should be stable.
>> Location is not important, but preferable in EU.
>
> Amazon EC2 does Gentoo... Big name may help you sell to management.

@everyone,
I already know about a VPS provider, with reliability, and Gentoo
support. Been with them since 2008. cheapvps.co.uk, if you're
interested. They have xen, kvm & openvz (us-only).

For dedicated I know just one for now- hetzner.de, who allows you to
install your own os (you're provided with a rescue system).

If you know any more dedicated providers, please reply. I'll compare
their rates
Definition of cheap is fairly relative

--
Nilesh Govindarajan
http://nileshgr.com

Old 09-03-2011, 07:44 AM
Max Kremmel

On Sat, 03 Sep 2011, Nilesh Govindarajan wrote:

> On 09/03/2011 04:26 AM, Adam Carter wrote:
> >> I'm looking for dedicated server providers whose rates are low, support
> >> Gentoo and most importantly are reliable. Service should be stable.
> >> Location is not important, but preferable in EU.
> >
> > Amazon EC2 does Gentoo... Big name may help you sell to management.
> >

> @everyone,
> I already know about a VPS provider, with reliability, and Gentoo
> support. Been with them since 2008. cheapvps.co.uk, if you're
> interested. They have xen, kvm & openvz (us-only).
>
> For dedicated I know just one for now- hetzner.de, who allows you to
> install your own os (you're provided with a rescue system).
>
> If you know any more dedicated providers, please reply. I'll compare
> their rates
> Definition of cheap is fairly relative
>
> --
> Nilesh Govindarajan
> http://nileshgr.com

next to hetzner.de in germany i know ovh.de:
http://www.ovh.de/items/distributionen/gentoo.xml?sort=all

not sure if they meet your 'low rates' limit. they seem to have decent
connection speeds some of which have a 'lossless' tag in their names.
not entirely sure what that means though.