Old 09-02-2011, 12:19 PM
Allan Gottlieb

Default trouble with locale and ca-certificates

On one machine an emerge of ca-certificates complains that my locale is
bad (details below). In particular it asserts that filesystem encoding
is ANSI_X3.4-1968.

I followed the localization guide; now my locale seems right (although
filesystem encoding is not mentioned).

allan env.d # locale; locale -a
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=
en_US
en_US.iso88591
en_US.utf8
POSIX
allan env.d #

Nonetheless I still get the complaints with ca-certificates.
Any help would be appreciated.
thanks,
allan

* Messages for package app-misc/ca-certificates-20110502-r1:

* Package: app-misc/ca-certificates-20110502-r1
* Repository: gentoo
* Maintainer: base-system@gentoo.org
* USE: amd64 elibc_glibc kernel_linux multilib userland_GNU
* FEATURES: sandbox
* Package: app-misc/ca-certificates-20110502-r1
* Repository: gentoo
* Maintainer: base-system@gentoo.org
* USE: amd64 elibc_glibc kernel_linux multilib userland_GNU
* FEATURES: sandbox
* This package installs one or more file names containing characters that
* do not match your current locale settings. The current setting for
* filesystem encoding is 'ANSI_X3.4-1968'.
*
* usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/AC_Raufffdufffdz_Certicufffdufffdmara_S.A..crt
* usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/EBG_Elektronik_Sertifika_Hizmet_Saufffdufffdlayuff fdufffdcufffdufffdsufffdufffd.crt
* usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/NetLock_Arany_=Class_Gold=_Fufffdufffdtanufffdufff dsufffdufffdtvufffdufffdny.crt
* usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/TufffdufffdBufffdufffdTAK_UEKAE_Kufffdufffdk_Serti fika_Hizmet_Saufffdufffdlayufffdufffdcufffdufffdsu fffdufffd_-_Sufffdufffdrufffdufffdm_3.crt
*
* For best results, UTF-8 encoding is recommended. See the Gentoo Linux
* Localization Guide for instructions about how to configure your locale
* for UTF-8 encoding:
*
* http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/guide-localization.xml

Old 09-02-2011, 04:42 PM
Hans Müller

Am Freitag, 2. September 2011, 08:19:59 schrieb Allan Gottlieb:
> On one machine an emerge of ca-certificates complains that my locale is
> bad (details below). In particular it asserts that filesystem encoding
> is ANSI_X3.4-1968.
>
> I followed the localization guide; now my locale seems right (although
> filesystem encoding is not mentioned).
>
> allan env.d # locale; locale -a
> LANG=en_US.UTF-8
> LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_PAPER="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_NAME="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_ADDRESS="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_ALL=
> en_US
> en_US.iso88591
> en_US.utf8
> POSIX
> allan env.d #
>
> Nonetheless I still get the complaints with ca-certificates.
> Any help would be appreciated.
> thanks,
> allan

Hi,

did you try to set LC_CTYPE (and perhaps the others also) to 'en_US.utf8'?

Regards