FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Gentoo > Gentoo User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 08-31-2011, 01:56 PM
Space Cake
 
Default portage failed to upgrade

Hi,

For a few days my routine upgrades failing at portage with the following
message. Do you have any idea what does it means?

File
"/var/tmp/portage/sys-apps/portage-2.1.10.11/image/usr/lib/portage/pym/portage/tests/runTests",
line 21, in <module>
os.environ["PORTAGE_GRPNAME"] = grp.getgrgid(os.getgid()).gr_name
KeyError: 'getgrgid(): gid not found: 0'

I've tried to google this, but nothing has found

Thank you
Laszlo
 
Old 08-31-2011, 02:02 PM
Michael Mol
 
Default portage failed to upgrade

2011/8/31 Space Cake <spacecakex@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> For a few days my routine upgrades failing at portage with the following
> message. Do you have any idea what does it means?
>
> File
> "/var/tmp/portage/sys-apps/portage-2.1.10.11/image/usr/lib/portage/pym/portage/tests/runTests",
> line 21, in <module>
> * *os.environ["PORTAGE_GRPNAME"] = grp.getgrgid(os.getgid()).gr_name
> KeyError: 'getgrgid(): gid not found: 0'
>
> I've tried to google this, but nothing has found

A new portage went stable a few days ago. You might try explicitly
upgrading portage, and then continuing.

--
:wq
 
Old 08-31-2011, 02:10 PM
Space Cake
 
Default portage failed to upgrade

On 2011. aug. 31., szerda, 16.02.15 CEST, Michael Mol wrote:
> 2011/8/31 Space Cake <spacecakex@gmail.com>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> For a few days my routine upgrades failing at portage with the following
>> message. Do you have any idea what does it means?
>>
>> File
>> "/var/tmp/portage/sys-apps/portage-2.1.10.11/image/usr/lib/portage/pym/portage/tests/runTests",
>> line 21, in <module>
>> os.environ["PORTAGE_GRPNAME"] = grp.getgrgid(os.getgid()).gr_name
>> KeyError: 'getgrgid(): gid not found: 0'
>>
>> I've tried to google this, but nothing has found
>
> A new portage went stable a few days ago. You might try explicitly
> upgrading portage, and then continuing.

Yes, this is what I've tried, but it is failed with the message above

L:
 
Old 08-31-2011, 02:16 PM
Michael Mol
 
Default portage failed to upgrade

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 10:10 AM, Space Cake <spacecakex@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2011. aug. 31., szerda, 16.02.15 CEST, Michael Mol wrote:
>> 2011/8/31 Space Cake <spacecakex@gmail.com>:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> For a few days my routine upgrades failing at portage with the following
>>> message. Do you have any idea what does it means?
>>>
>>> File
>>> "/var/tmp/portage/sys-apps/portage-2.1.10.11/image/usr/lib/portage/pym/portage/tests/runTests",
>>> line 21, in <module>
>>> * *os.environ["PORTAGE_GRPNAME"] = grp.getgrgid(os.getgid()).gr_name
>>> KeyError: 'getgrgid(): gid not found: 0'
>>>
>>> I've tried to google this, but nothing has found
>>
>> A new portage went stable a few days ago. You might try explicitly
>> upgrading portage, and then continuing.
>
> Yes, this is what I've tried, but it is failed with the message above

By the error, it looks like the code expected to be run as gid 0, but wasn't.

I assume you ran etc-update?

What about a downgrade? Could you downgrade portage to the last stable
version (not sure what that is), and then upgrade it again? (I'd wait
for someone else to chime in before you do this. It may be a riskier
move than is obvious. I'm not sure.)

--
:wq
 
Old 08-31-2011, 02:25 PM
Space Cake
 
Default portage failed to upgrade

On 2011. aug. 31., szerda, 16.16.54 CEST, Michael Mol wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 10:10 AM, Space Cake <spacecakex@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 2011. aug. 31., szerda, 16.02.15 CEST, Michael Mol wrote:
>>> 2011/8/31 Space Cake <spacecakex@gmail.com>:
>>>> Hi,
>>>>
>>>> For a few days my routine upgrades failing at portage with the following
>>>> message. Do you have any idea what does it means?
>>>>
>>>> File
>>>> "/var/tmp/portage/sys-apps/portage-2.1.10.11/image/usr/lib/portage/pym/portage/tests/runTests",
>>>> line 21, in <module>
>>>> os.environ["PORTAGE_GRPNAME"] = grp.getgrgid(os.getgid()).gr_name
>>>> KeyError: 'getgrgid(): gid not found: 0'
>>>>
>>>> I've tried to google this, but nothing has found
>>>
>>> A new portage went stable a few days ago. You might try explicitly
>>> upgrading portage, and then continuing.
>>
>> Yes, this is what I've tried, but it is failed with the message above
>
> By the error, it looks like the code expected to be run as gid 0, but wasn't.
>
> I assume you ran etc-update?
>
> What about a downgrade? Could you downgrade portage to the last stable
> version (not sure what that is), and then upgrade it again? (I'd wait
> for someone else to chime in before you do this. It may be a riskier
> move than is obvious. I'm not sure.)

Yes, etc-update is also routine for me and I'm on stable

[u] sys-apps/portage
Available versions: [M]2.1.6.7 2.1.6.13 2.1.9.42 2.1.10.3
2.1.10.11 ~*2.2.0_alpha51 **9999 {build doc epydoc +ipc (+)less
linguas_pl python2 python3 selinux}
Installed versions: 2.1.10.3(18.02.13 2011-07-18)(ipc less -build
-doc -epydoc -linguas_pl -python2 -python3 -selinux)
Homepage:
http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/portage/index.xml
Description: Portage is the package management and
distribution sys
 
Old 08-31-2011, 04:37 PM
Pandu Poluan
 
Default portage failed to upgrade

(Sorry for top-posting; Gmail java mobile client sucks)

gid 0 should be the 'root' gid. Try 'grep -E "root|wheel" /etc/groups'
and see if there is/are groups called 'root' or 'wheel' with gid==0

Also a question: Are you using sudo?

Rgds,


On 2011-08-31, Space Cake <spacecakex@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For a few days my routine upgrades failing at portage with the following
> message. Do you have any idea what does it means?
>
> File
> "/var/tmp/portage/sys-apps/portage-2.1.10.11/image/usr/lib/portage/pym/portage/tests/runTests",
> line 21, in <module>
> os.environ["PORTAGE_GRPNAME"] = grp.getgrgid(os.getgid()).gr_name
> KeyError: 'getgrgid(): gid not found: 0'
>
> I've tried to google this, but nothing has found
>
> Thank you
> Laszlo
>
>
>


--
--
Pandu E Poluan - IT Optimizer
My website: http://pandu.poluan.info/
 
Old 09-01-2011, 11:22 AM
Space Cake
 
Default portage failed to upgrade

On 2011. aug. 31., szerda, 18.37.11 CEST, Pandu Poluan wrote:
> (Sorry for top-posting; Gmail java mobile client sucks)
>
> gid 0 should be the 'root' gid. Try 'grep -E "root|wheel" /etc/groups'
> and see if there is/are groups called 'root' or 'wheel' with gid==0
>
> Also a question: Are you using sudo?
>
> Rgds,
>
>
> On 2011-08-31, Space Cake <spacecakex@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> For a few days my routine upgrades failing at portage with the following
>> message. Do you have any idea what does it means?
>>
>> File
>> "/var/tmp/portage/sys-apps/portage-2.1.10.11/image/usr/lib/portage/pym/portage/tests/runTests",
>> line 21, in <module>
>> os.environ["PORTAGE_GRPNAME"] = grp.getgrgid(os.getgid()).gr_name
>> KeyError: 'getgrgid(): gid not found: 0'
>>
>> I've tried to google this, but nothing has found
>>
>> Thank you
>> Laszlo
>>
>>
>>

Seems my gid is not 0 either for root or wheel... I don't know why, I
don't remember if I changed it

So, I've changed the gid and also the group for the files assigned to
the grp 1033, so hopefully portage can upgrade this way

Thanks for the help
Laszlo
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 09:37 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org