Old 08-30-2011, 03:05 AM

Default urxvt kesyms

Hi,

I want to remap the "create new tab", "next tab" and "previous tab"
keybindings to the keycombo I used to use with my previous mrxvt.

Urxvt has keysym support with a somehow complicate syntax.

What is the spelling/nameing of the commands I want to remap?

Or more generally:
Where can I get a list of all supported commands, which I can
map to keys?

Best regards,
mcc

PS: Are there other recommended terminal emulators with full unicode support
and tabbing?

Old 08-30-2011, 03:46 AM
Roman Dobosz

On Tue, 30 Aug 2011 05:10:01 +0200
meino.cramer@gmx.de wrote:

> I want to remap the "create new tab", "next tab" and "previous tab"
> keybindings to the keycombo I used to use with my previous mrxvt.
>
> Urxvt has keysym support with a somehow complicate syntax.
>
> What is the spelling/nameing of the commands I want to remap?

In my tabbed modification
(https://bitbucket.org/gryf/tabbed/wiki) initially I've used
x11-apps/xev for reading keys. You can start with that.

--
-^- _ coś tam w tle sobie gra, np:
_ /O)_// Hocico - Bite Me! (The Beautiful Assholes H-Mix)

Old 08-30-2011, 06:45 AM
Marc Joliet

Am Tue, 30 Aug 2011 05:05:19 +0200
schrieb meino.cramer@gmx.de:

> Hi,

Hi,

> I want to remap the "create new tab", "next tab" and "previous tab"
> keybindings to the keycombo I used to use with my previous mrxvt.
>
> Urxvt has keysym support with a somehow complicate syntax.
>
> What is the spelling/nameing of the commands I want to remap?
>

> Or more generally:
> Where can I get a list of all supported commands, which I can
> map to keys?

I believe you want the technical reference in "man 7 urxvt". It also contains
some examples in the FAQ, but if you want to skip that, the technical reference
starts at the section "RXVT-UNICODE TECHNICAL REFERENCE".

> Best regards,
> mcc

HTH
--
Marc Joliet
don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup

Old 08-30-2011, 05:30 PM

Marc Joliet <marcec@gmx.de> [11-08-30 18:01]:
> Am Tue, 30 Aug 2011 05:05:19 +0200
> schrieb meino.cramer@gmx.de:
>
> > Hi,
>
> Hi,
>
> > I want to remap the "create new tab", "next tab" and "previous tab"
> > keybindings to the keycombo I used to use with my previous mrxvt.
> >
> > Urxvt has keysym support with a somehow complicate syntax.
> >
> > What is the spelling/nameing of the commands I want to remap?
> >

> > Or more generally:
> > Where can I get a list of all supported commands, which I can
> > map to keys?
>
> I believe you want the technical reference in "man 7 urxvt". It also contains
> some examples in the FAQ, but if you want to skip that, the technical reference
> starts at the section "RXVT-UNICODE TECHNICAL REFERENCE".
>
> > Best regards,
> > mcc
>
> HTH
> --
> Marc Joliet
> --
> "People who think they know everything really annoy those of us who know we
> don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup

Hi Marc,

sorry for haveing cause the confusion...
I meant for example but not exclusevly the name of the commande to create a new tab,
to delete a tab, to choose a font etc...

Best regards,
mcc

Old 08-30-2011, 09:11 PM
Marc Joliet

Am Tue, 30 Aug 2011 19:30:18 +0200
schrieb meino.cramer@gmx.de:

> Marc Joliet <marcec@gmx.de> [11-08-30 18:01]:
> > Am Tue, 30 Aug 2011 05:05:19 +0200
> > schrieb meino.cramer@gmx.de:
> >
> > > Hi,
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > > I want to remap the "create new tab", "next tab" and "previous tab"
> > > keybindings to the keycombo I used to use with my previous mrxvt.
> > >
> > > Urxvt has keysym support with a somehow complicate syntax.
> > >
> > > What is the spelling/nameing of the commands I want to remap?
> > >

> > > Or more generally:
> > > Where can I get a list of all supported commands, which I can
> > > map to keys?
> >
> > I believe you want the technical reference in "man 7 urxvt". It also contains
> > some examples in the FAQ, but if you want to skip that, the technical reference
> > starts at the section "RXVT-UNICODE TECHNICAL REFERENCE".
> >
> > > Best regards,
> > > mcc
> >
> > HTH
> > --
> > Marc Joliet
> > --
> > "People who think they know everything really annoy those of us who know we
> > don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup
>
> Hi Marc,

Hi,

> sorry for haveing cause the confusion...

no problem.

(Note that I agree that configuring key bindings for urxvt is... complicated. I
configured it once, forgot, and am now relearning things a bit.)

> I meant for example but not exclusevly the name of the commande to create a new tab,
> to delete a tab, to choose a font etc...

Isn't that in the man page urxvt(7)? For example, to change the font size, I
have in my ~/.Xresources:

> URxvt.keysym.Control-Meta-1: command:33]710;xft:dejavu sans mono:antialias=trueixelsize=15\007
> URxvt.keysym.Control-Meta-2: command:33]710;xft:dejavu sans mono:antialias=trueixelsize=24\007

Now, urxvt(7) says:

> XTerm Operating System Commands
> "ESC ] Ps;Pt ST"
> Set XTerm Parameters. 8-bit ST: 0x9c, 7-bit ST sequence: ESC
> (0x1b, 0x5c), backwards compatible terminator BEL
> (0x07) is also accepted. any octet can be escaped by prefixing it with SYN (0x16, ^V).
[...]
> Ps = 50 Set fontset to Pt, with the following special values of Pt (rxvt) #+n change up n #-n change down n if n is missing of 0, a value of 1 is used empty change to font0 n change to font n
[...]
> Ps = 710 Set normal fontset to Pt. Same as Ps = 50.

So, to piece it together:

ESC ] Ps; Pt ST

becomes

33 ] 710; [some font] 07

(where 33 is the ASCII value for ESC, and 07 is BEL as noted in the
man page)

which is what I have after "command:". So that is how I switch between two font
sizes: one for when I'm in front of the computer and one for when I'm sitting
on my bed/sofa (it's a small dorm room). Another example for setting up fontsis
in the FAQ entry "Can I see a typical configuration?" in urxvt(7).

To configure the keybindings for tabbing, you need to check the man page
urxvtperl(3), since tabbing is implemented as a perl extension. While I
didn't find anything, maybe you can :-) . BTW, I just looked at Roman's wiki
and I think that you should consider trying his modified version, where you
definitely can configure the keybindings.

> Best regards,
> mcc

Hoping I didn't misunderstand you,
--