Old 08-27-2011, 05:44 PM
Konstantinos Agouros

Default rc-svcdir mount where from?

Hi,

I do not have rc-svcdir in /etc/fstab. I know it comes with openrc but
I would need the mount line or an fstab entry for it. A grep in /etc/init.d
didn't help.

Konstantin
--
Dipl-Inf. Konstantin Agouros aka Elwood Blues. Internet: elwood@agouros.de
Altersheimerstr. 1, 81545 Muenchen, Germany. Tel +49 89 69370185

Old 08-27-2011, 06:08 PM
Alex Schuster

Konstantinos Agouros writes:

> I do not have rc-svcdir in /etc/fstab. I know it comes with openrc but
> I would need the mount line or an fstab entry for it. A grep in
> /etc/init.d didn't help.

You need to look into /lib/rc/sh/init.sh, the mount_svcdir() function:

/lib/rc/sh/init.sh: mount -n -t "$fs" $fsopts rc-svcdir "$RC_SVCDIR"

You can get the actual content of the $fs and $fsopts variables from the
output of mount | grep svcdir.

Wonko

Old 08-27-2011, 06:15 PM
Dale

Konstantinos Agouros wrote:

Hi,

I do not have rc-svcdir in /etc/fstab. I know it comes with openrc but
I would need the mount line or an fstab entry for it. A grep in /etc/init.d
didn't help.

Konstantin

I think it takes care of itself. I don't have the line in fstab either
but it's mounted here. If it is working, I'd leave it alone since
messing with it could break more than it fixes.

Or am I missing something here?

Dale

:-) :-)

Old 08-27-2011, 07:57 PM
Pandu Poluan

Same here. Never put it in fstab, but it automagically gets mounted.

Just like the rootfs thingy.

Rgds,

On 2011-08-28, Dale <rdalek1967@gmail.com> wrote:
> Konstantinos Agouros wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I do not have rc-svcdir in /etc/fstab. I know it comes with openrc but
>> I would need the mount line or an fstab entry for it. A grep in
>> /etc/init.d
>> didn't help.
>>
>> Konstantin
>>

> I think it takes care of itself. I don't have the line in fstab either
> but it's mounted here. If it is working, I'd leave it alone since
> messing with it could break more than it fixes.
>
> Or am I missing something here?
>
> Dale
>
> :-) :-)

Pandu E Poluan - IT Optimizer
My website: http://pandu.poluan.info/

Old 08-28-2011, 11:37 AM
Konstantinos Agouros

In <1581460.4EaZMVgbQ3@weird> wonko@wonkology.org (Alex Schuster) writes:

>Konstantinos Agouros writes:

>> I do not have rc-svcdir in /etc/fstab. I know it comes with openrc but
>> I would need the mount line or an fstab entry for it. A grep in
>> /etc/init.d didn't help.

>You need to look into /lib/rc/sh/init.sh, the mount_svcdir() function:

>/lib/rc/sh/init.sh: mount -n -t "$fs" $fsopts rc-svcdir "$RC_SVCDIR"

>You can get the actual content of the $fs and $fsopts variables from the
>output of mount | grep svcdir.
Hmmm but where is it filled with the directory structure? Or is this like
a union mount?

Konstantin

Old 08-29-2011, 11:38 AM
Joost Roeleveld

On Sunday, August 28, 2011 11:37:20 AM Konstantinos Agouros wrote:
> In <1581460.4EaZMVgbQ3@weird> wonko@wonkology.org (Alex Schuster) writes:
> >Konstantinos Agouros writes:
> >> I do not have rc-svcdir in /etc/fstab. I know it comes with openrc but
> >> I would need the mount line or an fstab entry for it. A grep in
> >> /etc/init.d didn't help.
> >
> >You need to look into /lib/rc/sh/init.sh, the mount_svcdir() function:
> >
> >/lib/rc/sh/init.sh: mount -n -t "$fs" $fsopts rc-svcdir "$RC_SVCDIR"
> >
> >You can get the actual content of the $fs and $fsopts variables from the
> >output of mount | grep svcdir.
>
> Hmmm but where is it filled with the directory structure? Or is this like
> a union mount?
>
> Konstantin

It's mounted as a ramdisk-type.
The directory structure is created during boot-time as needed.

--
Joost