Old 08-25-2011, 01:14 PM
Dale

Default New install on x86 and login to KDE fails

Hi,

I mentioned in a thread a week or so ago that I was going to install
Gentoo on another box for a friend. Anyway, I got everything done and
now I run into this problem. I found a thread on the forums but it
seems to have just fixed itself. That's not working here tho. This is
the xsessions error file for the user:

startkde: Starting up...
Connecting to deprecated signal
QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QStr ing,QString,QString)

kbuildsycoca4 running...
No outputs have backlight property
QDBusConnection: name 'org.kde.kglobalaccel' had owner ' but we thought
it was ':1.5'

Object::connect: No such signal QDBusAbstractInterface:eviceAdded(QString)
Object::connect: No such signal
QDBusAbstractInterface:eviceRemoved(QString)
Object::connect: No such signal
QDBusAbstractInterface:eviceAdded(QDBusObjectPat h)
Object::connect: No such signal
QDBusAbstractInterface:eviceRemoved(QDBusObjectP ath)
Object::connect: No such signal
QDBusAbstractInterface:eviceChanged(QDBusObjectP ath)
QStringList
Solid::Backends::UDisks::UDisksManager::allDevices Internal() error:
"org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.ExecFailed"

kded(4259)/kdecore (KConfigSkeleton) KCoreConfigSkeleton::writeConfig:
OpenGL vendor string: VIA Technology
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI UniChrome (KM400)
20060710 x86/MMX+/3DNow!+/SSE

OpenGL version string: 1.2 Mesa 7.10.3
Driver: Unknown
GPU class: Unknown
OpenGL version: 1.2
Mesa version: 7.10.3
X server version: 1.10.3
Linux kernel version: 3.0.3
Direct rendering: no
Requires strict binding: yes
GLSL shaders: no
Texture NPOT support: no
kactivitymanagerd(4302): Communication problem with "kactivitymanagerd"
, it probably crashed.
Error message was: "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Disconnected" : "
"Connection was disconnected before a reply was received" "

kdeinit4: Fatal IO error: client killed
kdeinit4: sending SIGHUP to children.
kded(4259) PowerDevilUPowerBackend::brightness:
org.kde.powerdevil.backlighthelper.brightness failed

klauncher: Exiting on signal 1
kglobalaccel: Fatal IO error: client killed
Qt-subapplication: Fatal IO error: client killed
kwin: Fatal IO error: client killed
kdeinit4: Fatal IO error: client killed
kdeinit4: sending SIGHUP to children.
QProcess: Destroyed while process is still running.
kdeinit4: sending SIGTERM to children.
kdeinit4: Exit.
virtual QStringList
Solid::Backends::UPower::UPowerManager::allDevices () error:
"org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.ExecFailed"

kded4: Fatal IO error: client killed
kdeinit4: sending SIGTERM to children.
kdeinit4: Exit.

This rig has a Athlon XP 2000 which is not to slow. My old 2500+ still
works OK. It also has 1.2Gbs of ram. The only downside is the built-in
video. It is a Via km400. I have tried both Mesa and Vesa for this
thing but same error.

It does let me login in failsafe mode tho. So, I guess KDE itself is
working but something that is needed in regular mode is not working right.

Any ideas on what could cause this?

Oh, another odd thing I noticed. When I start kdm, I can't switch back
to a console. That is starting to piss me off. I can't login to KDE
and it won't let me go back to a console either. Is that related or a
separate issue?

Thanks.

Dale

:-) :-)