Old 08-24-2011, 03:09 AM
William Kenworthy

Default OT: avahi problem

I have moved my network hosts from localdomain to wifi.localdomain,
lan.localdomain etc. The main (gentoo) gateway is multihomeed and runs
services for my home networks including cups and avahi to allow iThings
to print.

Since the move, avahi based printing fails with a cups error of
"moriah.local" which appears to come from avahi via mdns. Grepping /etc
for this string and trying to overide this with avahi-publish fails.
All other services including non-avahi printing, dns etc work properly

Where do I look next?

BillK