Old 08-24-2011, 03:02 AM
James

Default HP tablets run Gentoo?

They are just $99 so before I purchase one
has anyone installed gentoo or embedded gentoo
on one of these devices? Do all the necessary
device drivers work? Is a port does not exist
is it possible? Likely? I know little about the
underlying hardware or any owner's opinion of these
devices so all comments are welcome.

Any caveats?

James

Old 08-24-2011, 07:47 AM
Neil Bothwick

On Wed, 24 Aug 2011 03:02:21 +0000 (UTC), James wrote:

> They are just $99 so before I purchase one
> has anyone installed gentoo or embedded gentoo
> on one of these devices?

I doubt you'll be able to install one now. They went on sale at 89 here
yesterday, and all stock was gone before 9am.

--
Neil Bothwick

"Thou shalt not battle over operating systems. I am wise and in My wisdom
have created diverse and various operating systems."
The Ten Usenet Commandments: One

Old 08-27-2011, 02:29 PM
James

Neil Bothwick <neil <at> digimed.co.uk> writes:

> I doubt you'll be able to install one now. They went on sale at 89 here
> yesterday, and all stock was gone before 9am.

Yep, can't locate one....

James

Old 08-28-2011, 08:00 AM
Mick

On Saturday 27 Aug 2011 15:29:14 James wrote:
> Neil Bothwick <neil <at> digimed.co.uk> writes:
> > I doubt you'll be able to install one now. They went on sale at 89 here
> > yesterday, and all stock was gone before 9am.
>
> Yep, can't locate one....

If you *really* want one of these you may need to search high & low for one.
Word is that HP is discounting 'old stock' because it is considering or has
decided to pull out of the mobile/tablet/desktop PC market.

Mick