Old 08-23-2011, 06:17 AM
Leonardo Guilherme

Default Per-package splitdebug FEATURE

Hi.

I've turned on splitdebug feature (and -ggdb in CFLAGS) so debug
information are saved and I can debug anything that crashes. I went to
/usr/lib/debug, just out of curiosity, to see how much space was taken
and I found that it was almost 2GB, which chromium + firefox adds up
1.5GB and python gets another 0.3. I would like to disable splitdebug
for these specific packages now and in the future, so removing
splitdebug from features, re-emerging them and then activating
splitdebug again won't quite cut.

I wonder if there's a way to active features to some specific
packages, just like USE flags.

Thank you.

--

Leonardo