Old 08-22-2011, 07:51 PM

Default mono and odbc

Hi. I have heard thet there are drivers for mono to work with unixodbc,
but can't figure out which package if any, I should emerge to get that
functionality.

Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

How do
you spend it?

John Covici
covici@ccs.covici.com

Old 08-22-2011, 08:13 PM
Nils Andresen

Hi,
according to http://www.mono-project.com/ODBC the System.Data should
contain everything you need (aside from odbc, that is)
So you'll need dev-lang/mono (and dev-db/unixODBC or dev-db/libiodbc for odbc)

But - are you sure you'll want to do this? Odbc - really?

Yours,
Nils

Old 08-22-2011, 08:44 PM

Thanks, I may need it because I am using freeswitch, but I need to
investigate further.

Nils Andresen <nils@nils-andresen.de> wrote:

> Hi,
> according to http://www.mono-project.com/ODBC the System.Data should
> contain everything you need (aside from odbc, that is)
> So you'll need dev-lang/mono (and dev-db/unixODBC or dev-db/libiodbc for odbc)
>
> But - are you sure you'll want to do this? Odbc - really?
>
> Yours,
> Nils
>
> 2011/8/22 <covici@ccs.covici.com>:
> > Hi. *I have heard thet there are drivers for mono to work with unixodbc,
> > but can't figure out which package if any, I should emerge to get that
> > functionality.
> >
> > Anyone know how to do this?
> >
> > Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
> >
> > --
> > Your life is like a penny. *You're going to lose it. *The question is:
> > How do
> > you spend it?
> >
> > * * * * John Covici
> > * * * * covici@ccs.covici.com