Old 08-22-2011, 12:03 PM
Michael Mol

Default SIP clients

Any preferred SIP softphone on Gentoo? I've used Ekiga on Windows and
Ubuntu, and it's only moderately painful there, but it's very, very,
very old on Gentoo.

If there are no good options, I'll stick with the SIP client on my
android phone, for now. (hardphone isn't an option)

--
:wq

Old 08-22-2011, 12:22 PM
Neil Bothwick

On Mon, 22 Aug 2011 08:03:02 -0400, Michael Mol wrote:

> Any preferred SIP softphone on Gentoo? I've used Ekiga on Windows and
> Ubuntu, and it's only moderately painful there, but it's very, very,
> very old on Gentoo.

Ekiga 3.2.7 is the latest on their web site and it has been in portage
for just over a year, according to the Changelog. The Changelog hasn't
been updated since March, so a stabilisation request would seem to be in
order.

> If there are no good options, I'll stick with the SIP client on my
> android phone, for now. (hardphone isn't an option)

I prefer to use sipdroid than be tied to my computer during a call.

--
Neil Bothwick

I have a mind like a steel...uh...thingamajig...