Old 08-21-2011, 02:05 AM
Philip Webb

Default emerging glib fails to create .la files : SOLVED

110820 Philip Webb wrote:
> I've run into a strange problem updating my netbook.
> I merged glib-2.28.8 successfully as part of a Revdep-Rebuild job,
> it being a dep for one of the pkgs in the R-R list.
> However after that, merging gtk+-2.24.4 librsvg-2.34.0 libglade-2.6.4
> all failed with a libtool error : "libtool: link: /usr/lib/libgio-2.0.0.la
> is not a valid libtool archive" or ditto for libgobject ;
> indeed, those files do not exist in the netbook,
> but in my already updated desktop machine, glib did create them.

After I updated gcc libtool , the other pkgs merged with no problem.
Dale's reply contained a hint : .la files have been dropped,
so the latest libtool doesn't look for them presumably;
it still leaves the puzzle why they're present in the desktop machine.

SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb