Old 08-20-2011, 05:51 PM
Nilesh Govindarajan

Default Mercurial Server

Hi,

I managed to configure mercurial-server on my gentoo vps, and add my
public key for the root user to it.

I can ssh to hg@myvps.

But this is what I get when I run hg clone ssh://hg@myvps/hgadmin:

running ssh hg@myvps "hg -R hgadmin serve --stdio"
remote: Traceback (most recent call last):
remote: File "/usr/share/mercurial-server/hg-ssh", line 76, in <module>
remote: dispatch.dispatch(['-R', repo, 'serve', '--stdio'])
remote: File
"/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/mercurial/dispatch.py", line 31, in
dispatch
remote: if req.ferr:
remote: AttributeError: 'list' object has no attribute 'ferr'
abort: no suitable response from remote hg!

Any clues?

--
Nilesh Govindarajan
http://nileshgr.com

Old 08-20-2011, 10:13 PM
Matthew Finkel

I managed to configure mercurial-server on my gentoo vps, and add my

public key for the root user to it.

I can ssh to hg@myvps.

But this is what I get when I run hg clone ssh://hg@myvps/hgadmin:

running ssh hg@myvps "hg -R hgadmin serve --stdio"

remote: Traceback (most recent call last):

remote: * File "/usr/share/mercurial-server/hg-ssh", line 76, in <module>

remote: * * dispatch.dispatch(['-R', repo, 'serve', '--stdio'])

remote: * File

"/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/mercurial/dispatch.py", line 31, in

dispatch

remote: * * if req.ferr:

remote: AttributeError: 'list' object has no attribute 'ferr'

abort: no suitable response from remote hg!

Any clues?

--

Nilesh Govindarajan

http://nileshgr.com

I started to write some questions for you to answer, but then I decided I'd see if anyone else was having this issue [0]. Maybe that'll help. It looks like a bug that should be filed.

[0]*http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6730735/troubles-with-mercurial-1-9-and-ssh

Old 08-21-2011, 02:16 AM
Nilesh Govindarajan

On 08/21/2011 03:43 AM, Matthew Finkel wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 1:51 PM, Nilesh Govindarajan
> <contact@nileshgr.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I managed to configure mercurial-server on my gentoo vps, and add my
>> public key for the root user to it.
>>
>> I can ssh to hg@myvps.
>>
> I started to write some questions for you to answer, but then I decided I'd
> see if anyone else was having this issue [0]. Maybe that'll help. It looks
> like a bug that should be filed.
>
> [0]
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6730735/troubles-with-mercurial-1-9-and-ssh

Well, that page contains the answer as well. Thanks :-)
It's a dispatch API change.

--
Nilesh Govindarajan
http://nileshgr.com