Old 02-15-2008, 09:49 AM
Philip Webb

Default text editor with multiline block replacement

080215 Andrew Gaydenko inquired re
> a text editor with a capability to find/replace *multiline* blocks.

It sb possible using regular expressions in (G)Vim,
also with macros via commands 'q' & '@'.

SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb : purslow@chass.utoronto.ca
ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Centre for Urban & Community Studies
TRANSIT `-O----------O---' University of Toronto

Old 02-15-2008, 10:35 AM
Benno Schulenberg

Philip Webb wrote:
> It sb possible using regular expressions in (G)Vim,

It somebody...? It soundboard...? It antimony...?

Ah, it should be...

Why not type the few extra characters and save multiple readers a
search through their abbreviations list?

Benno

Old 02-15-2008, 10:39 AM
Neil Walker

Andrew Gaydenko wrote:
Please, recommend a text editor with a capability to find/replace
*multiline* blocks.

My favourite editor - app-editors/le

Be lucky,

Neil

believed to be clean.

Old 02-16-2008, 12:33 PM
Iain Buchanan

On Fri, 2008-02-15 at 12:41 +0300, Andrew Gaydenko wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Please, recommend a text editor with a capability to find/replace
> *multiline* blocks.

you mean search and replace with newlines in the middle?

um. emacs?

Every time I think that perhaps we are an advanced race, I turn around and
read ramblings on Slashdot, and realize I was wrong.

-- From a Slashdot.org post