Old 02-14-2008, 12:06 PM
Pupino

Default acpi fails with status 1

Hi all!
I'm trying to use acpid with my gentoo laptop; it catches all events
(battery, button, ac_adapter) but it can't execute the designed
script, in any case.
Here's the output of tail /var/log/messages

Feb 14 14:04:10 spaventapasseri acpid: received event "button/power
PWRF 00000080 00000004"
Feb 14 14:04:10 spaventapasseri acpid: notifying client 5981[0:100]
Feb 14 14:04:10 spaventapasseri acpid: executing action
"/etc/acpi/button.sh button/power PWRF 00000080 00000004"
Feb 14 14:04:10 spaventapasseri acpid: action exited with status 1

the script is called and it will simply display "Power button pressed"
at the moment. It has execution permissions and the path is correct.

Does anyone know a solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance.
Davide

Old 02-14-2008, 02:08 PM
Alex Schuster

Pupino writes:

> I'm trying to use acpid with my gentoo laptop; it catches all events
> (battery, button, ac_adapter) but it can't execute the designed
> script, in any case.
[...]
> the script is called and it will simply display "Power button pressed"
> at the moment. It has execution permissions and the path is correct.

Um, where will it display the output? An echo would go nowhere, I think,
there is no terminal associated with that process. Have tou tried something
like "touch /tmp/button-pressed" in the script to test it is being
executed?

Wonko

Old 02-14-2008, 05:02 PM
Pupino

2008/2/14, Alex Schuster <wonko@wonkology.org>:
> Pupino writes:
>
> > I'm trying to use acpid with my gentoo laptop; it catches all events
> > (battery, button, ac_adapter) but it can't execute the designed
> > script, in any case.
>
> [...]
>
> > the script is called and it will simply display "Power button pressed"
> > at the moment. It has execution permissions and the path is correct.
>

> Um, where will it display the output? An echo would go nowhere, I think,
> there is no terminal associated with that process. Have tou tried something
> like "touch /tmp/button-pressed" in the script to test it is being
> executed?
>
> Wonko

Hi Wonko,
you're right. echo simply does nothing.
However I'm not able to execute everything, specially I would like to
inform users with something like zenity but it doesn't work... but
I've found an interesting thread on the forum that might help.
Thanks for your help!
Davide