Old 02-14-2008, 11:56 AM
Ale

Default How install a local ebuild?

I have a ebuild for WICD, taken from bugzilla i don't know hot to install it. man portage says emerge /path/to/ebuild is depracated. I have to make my own overlay to put there custom ebuild? which is the better way to install local ebuild's?

Cheers!

Old 02-14-2008, 12:01 PM

On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 09:56:23 -0300, Ale <elcorreodeale@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a ebuild for WICD, taken from bugzilla i don't know hot to install
> it. man portage says emerge /path/to/ebuild is depracated. I have to make
> my
> own overlay to put there custom ebuild? which is the better way to
install
> local ebuild's?
>
> Cheers!

Think this will help

http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Create_an_Updated_Ebuild

Old 02-14-2008, 12:03 PM
Neil Bothwick

On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 09:56:23 -0300, Ale wrote:

> I have a ebuild for WICD, taken from bugzilla i don't know hot to
> install it. man portage says emerge /path/to/ebuild is depracated. I
> have to make my own overlay to put there custom ebuild? which is the
> better way to install local ebuild's?

Set PORTDIR_OVERLAY in /etc/make.conf to, say, /usr/portage/local then
mkdir -p /usr/portage/local/net-misc/wicd, copy the ebuild to that
directory then do
ebuild /usr/portage/local/net-misc/wicd/wicd-1.3.8-r1.ebuild manifest
and emerge it in the usual way.

--
Neil Bothwick

If God had intended Man to program, we'd be born with serial I/O ports.

Old 02-14-2008, 12:07 PM
Ale

Thanks both! : )

Cheers!.