-   -   Make Konqueror use same plugins as Firefox (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/55134-make-konqueror-use-same-plugins-firefox.html)

02-14-2008 01:31 AM

Make Konqueror use same plugins as Firefox

How can I make Konqueror use the same plugins as Firefox?

I've installed mplayer and that seems to have allowed Firefox to
display online videos in QuickTime format, but try the same link in
Konqueror and I get a message telling me no plugin for Quictime video
is found and offering to download it... of course that only leads to
pples site.

There is an area in the Konq setup to add plugins. That dialog shows
that it looks in the plugin locations for firefox anyway though so if
its in there then it should be found I'd think.

When clicking the video links in firefox I see a splash screen that
appears briefly saying something like:

mplayer Plugin, embedded video player for mozilla.

So maybe I need something else for Konqueror to be able to play these
QT video links?