Old 02-13-2008, 08:05 PM
Martin Sourada

Default fixing/completing go-* and media-* icons

Hi,

I intend to fix the go-* and media-* action icons lot, so that they
would be consistent, would follow closely the guidelines and would be
complete, unless someone objects (like people who might have already
started working on some of these).

Thanks,
Martin

Old 02-13-2008, 08:20 PM
"Luya Tshimbalanga"

You can take the 22x22 icons we made on my page which should save some extra works.

http://luya.fedorapeople.org/images/Echo/actions
--
Luya Tshimbalanga

Fedora Project Contributor
Fedora Artwork

Old 02-13-2008, 08:25 PM
Martin Sourada

On Wed, 2008-02-13 at 21:20 +0000, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
> You can take the 22x22 icons we made on my page which should save some
> extra works.
>

> http://luya.fedorapeople.org/images/Echo/actions
> --
> Luya Tshimbalanga
> http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/LuyaTshimbalanga
> Fedora Project Contributor
> Fedora Artwork

Certainly,
btw. there's a typo in the link...

Old 02-14-2008, 11:58 AM
Martin Sourada

On Wed, 2008-02-13 at 22:05 +0100, Martin Sourada wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I intend to fix the go-* and media-* action icons lot, so that they
> would be consistent, would follow closely the guidelines and would be
> complete, unless someone objects (like people who might have already
> started working on some of these).
>
> Thanks,
> Martin

First batch is prepared. I attach go-* for 16x16 size, I'll divide it to
individual icons later. The reason why they are together is that it is
easier to see if they are coherent and positioned correct and so I
decided to make them together first and separate them later.

Comments welcome,
Martin

Old 02-14-2008, 12:48 PM
Martin Sourada

On Thu, 2008-02-14 at 13:58 +0100, Martin Sourada wrote:
> First batch is prepared. I attach go-* for 16x16 size, I'll divide it to
> individual icons later. The reason why they are together is that it is
> easier to see if they are coherent and positioned correct and so I
> decided to make them together first and separate them later.
>
> Comments welcome,
> Martin

Next batch is prepared. I attach go-* for 22x22 size.

Comments welcome,
Martin

Old 02-14-2008, 01:06 PM
"Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek"

Martin Sourada pisze:

First batch is prepared. I attach go-* for 16x16 size, I'll divide it to
individual icons later. The reason why they are together is that it is
easier to see if they are coherent and positioned correct and so I
decided to make them together first and separate them later.

Comments welcome,
Martin

Next batch is prepared. I attach go-* for 22x22 size.

Comments welcome,
Martin

Martin, it's strange, but you icons IMO are best Echo icons...

Old 02-14-2008, 02:16 PM
Martin Sourada

On Thu, 2008-02-14 at 14:48 +0100, Martin Sourada wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-02-14 at 13:58 +0100, Martin Sourada wrote:
> > First batch is prepared. I attach go-* for 16x16 size, I'll divide it to
> > individual icons later. The reason why they are together is that it is
> > easier to see if they are coherent and positioned correct and so I
> > decided to make them together first and separate them later.
> >
> > Comments welcome,
> > Martin
>
> Next batch is prepared. I attach go-* for 22x22 size.
>
> Comments welcome,
> Martin

Another batch is prepared. I attach go-* for 48x48 size.

Comments welcome,
Martin

Old 02-14-2008, 04:02 PM
Martin Sourada

On Thu, 2008-02-14 at 16:16 +0100, Martin Sourada wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-02-14 at 14:48 +0100, Martin Sourada wrote:
> > On Thu, 2008-02-14 at 13:58 +0100, Martin Sourada wrote:
> > > First batch is prepared. I attach go-* for 16x16 size, I'll divide it to
> > > individual icons later. The reason why they are together is that it is
> > > easier to see if they are coherent and positioned correct and so I
> > > decided to make them together first and separate them later.
> > >
> > > Comments welcome,
> > > Martin
> >
> > Next batch is prepared. I attach go-* for 22x22 size.
> >
> > Comments welcome,
> > Martin
>
> Another batch is prepared. I attach go-* for 48x48 size.
>
> Comments welcome,
> Martin

And the last batch of go-* icons is complete - 32x32 sized icons. As
usual, I attach them in a picture where they are joined together. Unless
someone objects, I'll separate them and upload the created icons to git
after some time (probably in Saturday).

So, as it is created, I'll say some words about it. First, it is simple
and uses the gnome metaphors. I made the 48x48 icons from scratch as
they violated the guidelines too much - mostly there were perspective
and lighting issues. I created all the icons with consistency in mind,
so they should all look similar and should be positioned correctly.
Compared to the original icons created by Diana Fong I also slightly
modified the shapes (as you can see in the files I sent here).

I also uploaded all the files to [1].

Thanks for your comments,
Martin

Old 02-15-2008, 08:33 AM
Martin Sourada

On Thu, 2008-02-14 at 15:06 +0100, Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek wrote:
> Martin, it's strange, but you icons IMO are best Echo icons...

Umm, thanks, yet it is a result of experience, since my start was rather
tough ;-)

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-art-list/2007-February/msg00101.html

Martin

Old 02-15-2008, 08:26 PM
Martin Sourada

I've created media-* icons in sizes ranging from 16x16 to 32x32 and I
intend to create the 48x48 ones tomorrow. I uploaded them to [1]. Unless
someone objects I'll probably divide and upload them to git in Monday.

Thanks for comments,
Martin