Old 11-26-2007, 01:48 PM
Helmut Jarausch

Default Sun Java 6 and CUPS don't like each other

Hi,

having installed dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.03 and
cups-net-print/cups-1.3.4-r3

I cannot print from a Java application (Maple 11 (commercial))
in my case.

I've found the hint to remove the symlink
/usr/lib/libcups.so (which points to /usr/lib/libcups.so.2)

Then printing works.
Since I don't understand the effect of removing this link,
what's the right thing to do?

Many thanks for a hint,

Helmut Jarausch

Lehrstuhl fuer Numerische Mathematik