Old 05-24-2011, 09:32 PM
Mark Knecht

Default Wierd key bindings in Firefox

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 2:17 PM, Alan Mackenzie <acm@muc.de> wrote:
> Hi, Gentoo.
>
> In Firefox 3.6.17, I would expect Page up/down to scroll ~a page up /
> down, and for up/down arrow to scroll a small number of lines up/down.
>
> This doesn't happen. *Instead Page up/down do nothing, arrow down
> scrolls to the very bottom of the page, arrow up "sometimes" scrolls
> back to the top again.
>
> Does anybody else experience this behaviour, does anybody else know why
> it's happening, and does anybody else know how to get the desired key
> bindings?
>
> --
> Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).

I do not experience this behavior.

- Mark

Old 05-24-2011, 09:32 PM
Renat Golubchyk

On Tue, 24 May 2011 21:17:14 +0000 Alan Mackenzie <acm@muc.de> wrote:
> Hi, Gentoo.
>
> In Firefox 3.6.17, I would expect Page up/down to scroll ~a page up /
> down, and for up/down arrow to scroll a small number of lines up/down.
>
> This doesn't happen. Instead Page up/down do nothing, arrow down
> scrolls to the very bottom of the page, arrow up "sometimes" scrolls
> back to the top again.
>
> Does anybody else experience this behaviour, does anybody else know
> why it's happening, and does anybody else know how to get the desired
> key bindings?

Get the keyconfig extension [1] and bind you keys as you see fit.

Cheers,
Renat

[1] http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=72994

--
Probleme kann man niemals mit derselben Denkweise loesen,
durch die sie entstanden sind.

Old 05-25-2011, 02:05 AM
Dale

Mark Knecht wrote:

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 2:17 PM, Alan Mackenzie<acm@muc.de> wrote:

Hi, Gentoo.

In Firefox 3.6.17, I would expect Page up/down to scroll ~a page up /
down, and for up/down arrow to scroll a small number of lines up/down.

This doesn't happen. Instead Page up/down do nothing, arrow down
scrolls to the very bottom of the page, arrow up "sometimes" scrolls
back to the top again.

Does anybody else experience this behaviour, does anybody else know why
it's happening, and does anybody else know how to get the desired key
bindings?

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).

I do not experience this behavior.

- Mark

Works fine here on mine too. No idea on where that setting is either.
Wouldn't that be a X thing or something? I couldn't find anything in
about:config.

Dale

:-) :-)

Old 05-25-2011, 10:14 AM
Alan Mackenzie

Hi, Renat.

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 11:32:25PM +0200, Renat Golubchyk wrote:
> On Tue, 24 May 2011 21:17:14 +0000 Alan Mackenzie <acm@muc.de> wrote:
> > Hi, Gentoo.

> > In Firefox 3.6.17, I would expect Page up/down to scroll ~a page up /
> > down, and for up/down arrow to scroll a small number of lines up/down.

> > This doesn't happen. Instead Page up/down do nothing, arrow down
> > scrolls to the very bottom of the page, arrow up "sometimes" scrolls
> > back to the top again.

> > Does anybody else experience this behaviour, does anybody else know
> > why it's happening, and does anybody else know how to get the desired
> > key bindings?

> Get the keyconfig extension [1] and bind you keys as you see fit.

My problem was my own. I'd had the cursor enabled (with F7) for several
weeks without knowing it. As soon as I disabled it, my keys started
working properly again.

> Cheers,
> Renat

> [1] http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=72994

> --
> Probleme kann man niemals mit derselben Denkweise loesen,
> durch die sie entstanden sind.
> (Einstein)

Thanks for that! It's most appropriate in the present circumstances.
;-)

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).