Old 02-11-2008, 06:49 PM
James

Default load too high

Hello,

One of the workstations (amd64 2gig ram) has a load that never drops below
1.0, as seen by top. Looking at a ps nothing stands out. I did notice that
'X' is at the top of the list, even when the machine is quiescent (nobody
doing anything). Suspiciaous. Clearly I have a run away or hidden process using
resources. Although all my system run kde 3.5.8 only one shows this problem.

None of my other Gentoo system suffer this fate. Any ideas on finding the
culprit(proccess)?

James