FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Gentoo > Gentoo User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 05-22-2011, 01:38 PM
Pandu Poluan
 
Default configure flags for net-proxy/squid

Does anyone know what configure flags are enabled/disabled for net-proxy/squid?

There are some flags I need and some I don't; it seems that
net-proxy/squid's USE flags don't map to squid's.

Second question, then: how do I specify my own configure flags?

Thanks in advance.

Rgds,

--
Sent from my mobile device

--
Pandu E Poluan - IT Optimizer
My website: http://pandu.poluan.info/
 
Old 05-22-2011, 03:12 PM
David W Noon
 
Default configure flags for net-proxy/squid

On Sun, 22 May 2011 15:50:02 +0200, Pandu Poluan wrote about
[gentoo-user] configure flags for net-proxy/squid:

>Does anyone know what configure flags are enabled/disabled for
>net-proxy/squid?

Run:
eix -e squid

>There are some flags I need and some I don't; it seems that
>net-proxy/squid's USE flags don't map to squid's.

Below are the ones I use here. I believe I have addressed every
available USE flag for squid, with a - for the ones I want disabled.

>Second question, then: how do I specify my own configure flags?

You edit /etc/portage/package.use and add a line like this:

net-proxy/squid caps -ecap epoll ipv6 -kerberos -ldap logrotate -mysql
-nis pam -postgres -radius -samba -sasl -selinux -snmp -sqlite ssl
tproxy zero-penalty-hit

Note that the above is all a single line that has been word-wrapped by
my mail reader.

HTH
--
Regards,

Dave [RLU #314465]
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
dwnoon@ntlworld.com (David W Noon)
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
 
Old 05-23-2011, 04:36 AM
Pandu Poluan
 
Default configure flags for net-proxy/squid

On Sun, May 22, 2011 at 22:12, David W Noon <dwnoon@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 22 May 2011 15:50:02 +0200, Pandu Poluan wrote about
> [gentoo-user] configure flags for net-proxy/squid:
>
>>Does anyone know what configure flags are enabled/disabled for
>>net-proxy/squid?
>
> Run:
> * * eix -e squid
>

Um, I was referring to the flags passed to the ./configure utility,
e.g. "--enable-htcp" or "--enable-icmp", *not* the USE flags.

E.g.: http://wiki.genunix.org:8080/wiki/index.php/Configure_options_-_squid

Short of editing the .ebuild, is there any way to specify and/or check
what flags are passed to the ./configure utility?

Rgds,
--
Pandu E Poluan
~ IT Optimizer ~
Visit my Blog: http://pepoluan.posterous.com
 
Old 05-23-2011, 05:23 AM
Pandu Poluan
 
Default configure flags for net-proxy/squid

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 11:36, Pandu Poluan <pandu@poluan.info> wrote:
> On Sun, May 22, 2011 at 22:12, David W Noon <dwnoon@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, 22 May 2011 15:50:02 +0200, Pandu Poluan wrote about
>> [gentoo-user] configure flags for net-proxy/squid:
>>
>>>Does anyone know what configure flags are enabled/disabled for
>>>net-proxy/squid?
>>
>> Run:
>> * * eix -e squid
>>
>
> Um, I was referring to the flags passed to the ./configure utility,
> e.g. "--enable-htcp" or "--enable-icmp", *not* the USE flags.
>
> E.g.: http://wiki.genunix.org:8080/wiki/index.php/Configure_options_-_squid
>
> Short of editing the .ebuild, is there any way to specify and/or check
> what flags are passed to the ./configure utility?
>

Oookay, my Google-fu managed to bring me to this handbook:

http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/devrel/handbook/handbook.xml?part=2&chap=1#doc_chap2

... and apparently I'm supposed to use the EXTRA_ECONF env. variable.

Here goes...

Rgds,
--
Pandu E Poluan
~ IT Optimizer ~
Visit my Blog: http://pepoluan.posterous.com
 
Old 05-23-2011, 07:42 AM
Neil Bothwick
 
Default configure flags for net-proxy/squid

On Mon, 23 May 2011 11:36:15 +0700, Pandu Poluan wrote:

> Um, I was referring to the flags passed to the ./configure utility,
> e.g. "--enable-htcp" or "--enable-icmp", *not* the USE flags.

Run "ebuild /path/to/ebuild configure" then look at configure.log in
$PORTAGE_TMPDIR. You've already discovered that you can tweak the options
with $EXTRA_ECONF, the place to set this is
/etc/portage/env/category/package.


--
Neil Bothwick

Tagline stealing is the sincerest form of flattery.
 
Old 05-23-2011, 08:03 AM
Pandu Poluan
 
Default configure flags for net-proxy/squid

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 14:42, Neil Bothwick <neil@digimed.co.uk> wrote:
> On Mon, 23 May 2011 11:36:15 +0700, Pandu Poluan wrote:
>
>> Um, I was referring to the flags passed to the ./configure utility,
>> e.g. "--enable-htcp" or "--enable-icmp", *not* the USE flags.
>
> Run "ebuild /path/to/ebuild configure" then look at configure.log in
> $PORTAGE_TMPDIR. You've already discovered that you can tweak the options
> with $EXTRA_ECONF, the place to set this is
> /etc/portage/env/category/package.
>

Thanks!!

Exactly what the doctor ordered :-D

--
Pandu E Poluan
~ IT Optimizer ~
Visit my Blog: http://pepoluan.posterous.com
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 02:43 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org