FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Gentoo > Gentoo User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 05-21-2011, 05:47 PM
 
Default Speech-synthesizer ?

Hi,

can someone recommend a speech synthesizer, which parameters like
voice (child/adult/male/female...and other) are configurable and
which is -not- festival?

I treid festival and have failed to chance exactly
that parameters and according to postings, others have
made the same expericence...

I am running a recent gentoo on a AMD64 platform.

What is the most promising application to emerge?

Thank you very much in advance for any hint/help!

Best regards and have a nice weekend!
Best regards,
mcc
 
Old 05-21-2011, 09:17 PM
William Hubbs
 
Default Speech-synthesizer ?

On Sat, May 21, 2011 at 07:47:47PM +0200, meino.cramer@gmx.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> can someone recommend a speech synthesizer, which parameters like
> voice (child/adult/male/female...and other) are configurable and
> which is -not- festival?

Have you looked at espeak? Does it allow this type of configuration?

William
 
Old 05-21-2011, 11:39 PM
 
Default Speech-synthesizer ?

William Hubbs <williamh@gentoo.org> [11-05-22 01:29]:
> On Sat, May 21, 2011 at 07:47:47PM +0200, meino.cramer@gmx.de wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > can someone recommend a speech synthesizer, which parameters like
> > voice (child/adult/male/female...and other) are configurable and
> > which is -not- festival?
>
> Have you looked at espeak? Does it allow this type of configuration?
>
> William
>

No, I didnt. The reason for posting here before installing, was
that I didnt know the answer to the question of the kind/possibility
of configuration....

mcc
 
Old 05-21-2011, 11:59 PM
David Abbott
 
Default Speech-synthesizer ?

On Sat, May 21, 2011 at 7:39 PM, <meino.cramer@gmx.de> wrote:
> William Hubbs <williamh@gentoo.org> [11-05-22 01:29]:
>> On Sat, May 21, 2011 at 07:47:47PM +0200, meino.cramer@gmx.de wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > can someone recommend a speech synthesizer, which parameters like
>> > voice (child/adult/male/female...and other) are configurable and
>> > which is -not- festival?
>>
>> Have you looked at espeak? Does it allow this type of configuration?
>>
>> William
>>
>
> No, I didnt. The reason for posting here before installing, was
> that I didnt know the answer to the question of the kind/possibility
> of *configuration....
>
> mcc
>
This may help;
http://espeak.sourceforge.net/voices.html
 
Old 05-22-2011, 12:06 AM
David Abbott
 
Default Speech-synthesizer ?

>>
> This may help;
> http://espeak.sourceforge.net/voices.html
>
This works for a woman's voice in English;
espeak -v en+f4 "hello"
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 09:17 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org