Old 05-21-2011, 12:34 PM
Jarry

Default How can I disable some apache modules?

Hi,
I'd like to disable some apache modules (mod_autoindex and
mod_userdir). I checked /etc/apache2/httpd.conf, but it says

# GENTOO: Automatically defined based on APACHE2_MODULES
# USE_EXPAND variable.
# Do not change manually, it will be overwritten on upgrade.

OK, when this is not recommended way, I tried to set it up
in /etc/make.conf:

APACHE2_MODULES="${APACHE2_MODULES} -autoindex -userdir"

But when I try re-emerge apache, I get a lot of errors like this:

Invalid '-' operator in non-incremental variable 'APACHE2_MODULES':
'-autoindex'

So how can I control which apache modules are build and loaded?

Jarry

Old 05-21-2011, 12:46 PM
Stéphane Guedon

On Saturday 21 May 2011 14:34:51 Jarry wrote:
> Hi,
> I'd like to disable some apache modules (mod_autoindex and
> mod_userdir). I checked /etc/apache2/httpd.conf, but it says
>
> # GENTOO: Automatically defined based on APACHE2_MODULES
> # USE_EXPAND variable.
> # Do not change manually, it will be overwritten on upgrade.
>
> OK, when this is not recommended way, I tried to set it up
> in /etc/make.conf:
>
> APACHE2_MODULES="${APACHE2_MODULES} -autoindex -userdir"
>
> But when I try re-emerge apache, I get a lot of errors like this:
>
> Invalid '-' operator in non-incremental variable 'APACHE2_MODULES':
> '-autoindex'
>
> So how can I control which apache modules are build and loaded?
>
> Jarry

APACHE2_MODULES aren't incremental. All you put in is built, all you don't put
in isn't built ! That's it.

--
Stéphane Guedon
page web : http://www.22decembre.eu/

Old 05-21-2011, 12:46 PM
Alan McKinnon

Apparently, though unproven, at 14:34 on Saturday 21 May 2011, Jarry did opine
thusly:

> Hi,
> I'd like to disable some apache modules (mod_autoindex and
> mod_userdir). I checked /etc/apache2/httpd.conf, but it says
>
> # GENTOO: Automatically defined based on APACHE2_MODULES
> # USE_EXPAND variable.
> # Do not change manually, it will be overwritten on upgrade.
>
> OK, when this is not recommended way, I tried to set it up
> in /etc/make.conf:
>
> APACHE2_MODULES="${APACHE2_MODULES} -autoindex -userdir"
>
> But when I try re-emerge apache, I get a lot of errors like this:
>
> Invalid '-' operator in non-incremental variable 'APACHE2_MODULES':
> '-autoindex'
>
> So how can I control which apache modules are build and loaded?
>
> Jarry

APACHE2_MODULES is non-incremental (the output message says so right there)
which means you can't take stuff out. You can only prevent it ever going in:

Remove the things you don't want from APACHE2_MODULES in /etc/make.conf

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com

Old 05-21-2011, 01:18 PM
Jarry