-   -   screensaver won't come on unless screen is locked (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/528543-screensaver-wont-come-unless-screen-locked.html)

Michael Sullivan 05-20-2011 12:36 AM

screensaver won't come on unless screen is locked

Since my recent complete system and world rebuild after switching to a
new gcc profile, my screensaver does not come on. It works perfectly if
the screen is locked, however it does not come on otherwise. Please
help. Some information I thought pertinent to my problem has been
pasted below:

camille ~ # emerge -pv gnome gnome-screensaver

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild R ] gnome-extra/gnome-screensaver-2.30.2 USE="branding doc
libnotify opengl pam -debug" 0 kB
[ebuild R ] gnome-base/gnome-2.32.1 USE="cdr cups dvdr ldap
policykit -accessibility -mono" 0 kB