Old 05-19-2011, 08:00 PM
Bill Longman

Default How do I dump use flags?

On 05/19/2011 11:45 AM, Alan Mackenzie wrote:
> Hi, Gentoo.
>
> How do I list out a list of current USE flags?

Besides the "emerge --info" examples already given, if you have
gentoolkit installed, you can use

euse -i

which, in the example above, lists out all the flags, where they come
from and which package uses them. Typically, though, you would use:

euse -i dhcp

to see what the dhcp use flag does.

Old 05-20-2011, 08:17 AM
"JDM"

There is a profile for gnome I believe.

Try "eselect profile list" which should list available profiles including a gnome.

You will need symlinks in "USE" flags in make.conf to get eselect to work and reemerged world.

Not sure how good profile is but sure some gnome users should be able to help.