Old 05-19-2011, 06:45 PM
Alan Mackenzie

Default How do I dump use flags?

Hi, Gentoo.

How do I list out a list of current USE flags?

The reason I ask is I'm hypothesising that my recent troubles in Gnome
may be due to not having a suitable profile. I would like to select a
different profile and compare its USE flags with those of my current
profile.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).

Old 05-19-2011, 06:55 PM
Alan McKinnon

Apparently, though unproven, at 20:45 on Thursday 19 May 2011, Alan Mackenzie
did opine thusly:

> Hi, Gentoo.
>
> How do I list out a list of current USE flags?

emerge --info | grep USE

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com

Old 05-19-2011, 06:58 PM
Felix Leif Keppmann

Hey Alan,

to get the current USE flags use

emerge --info

and look at USE="..."

This does not include local use flags, for those you should check your files in
/etc/portage/package.use or /etc/portage/package.use/

Cheers
Felix Leif