Old 05-19-2011, 02:12 AM
Valmor de Almeida

Default system rescue usb stick

Hello,

Is SystemRescueCd still a good system rescue tool? The web site has not
been updated for over 1 year. Thanks for other suggestions.

--
Valmor

Old 05-19-2011, 02:29 AM
James Wall

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 9:12 PM, Valmor de Almeida <val.gentoo@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is SystemRescueCd still a good system rescue tool? The web site has not
> been updated for over 1 year. Thanks for other suggestions.
>
> --
> Valmor

Yes I have used it quite a bit. they have been releasing new disc isos
about once a month.

James Wall

Old 05-19-2011, 02:55 AM
Dale

Valmor de Almeida wrote:

Hello,

Is SystemRescueCd still a good system rescue tool? The web site has not
been updated for over 1 year. Thanks for other suggestions.

--
Valmor

I downloaded one a while back and used it recently and it worked fine.
Basically, it is a minimal Gentoo from my understanding and from the
looks of it. As long as the kernel supports the hardware, it should
work fine. So, unless you have just built some bleeding edge rig, you
shouldn't have any problems using it.

Dale

:-) :-)

Old 05-19-2011, 07:34 AM
Daniel Pielmeier

2011/5/19 Valmor de Almeida <val.gentoo@gmail.com>:

> Hello,
>
> Is SystemRescueCd still a good system rescue tool? The web site has not
> been updated for over 1 year. Thanks for other suggestions.

The latest release for SystemRescueCd 2.1.1 is dated 2011-05-07! Just
looking at the "This page was last modified on" is not enough.

Daniel Pielmeier

Old 05-19-2011, 08:18 AM
Jacques Montier

Le 19/05/2011 04:12, Valmor de Almeida a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> Is SystemRescueCd still a good system rescue tool? The web site has not
> been updated for over 1 year. Thanks for other suggestions.
>
> --
> Valmor

Hi,

I use SystemRescueCD for years, and it works fine.
I back up all my system with fsarchiver, and i never had any problem.

Cheers,

--
Jacques

Old 05-19-2011, 08:38 AM
Neil Bothwick

On Wed, 18 May 2011 22:12:24 -0400, Valmor de Almeida wrote:

> Is SystemRescueCd still a good system rescue tool? The web site has not
> been updated for over 1 year. Thanks for other suggestions.

You boot from the CD, not the web site, and that was updated this month
(and just about every month).

--
Neil Bothwick

Suicidal twin kills sister by mistake!

Old 05-19-2011, 09:17 AM
Helmut Jarausch

On 05/19/2011 04:12:24 AM, Valmor de Almeida wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is SystemRescueCd still a good system rescue tool? The web site has
> not
> been updated for over 1 year. Thanks for other suggestions.

It even offers a beta version which has been working for me ever since.

Currently (2.2.0-beta005 dated 2011-05-18) even offers a 2.6.39-...
kernel. It's even more recent than GenToo ~ system.

Since I'm using btrfs I always take the most recent kernel - just in
case.

Helmut.

Old 05-19-2011, 12:12 PM
Valmor de Almeida

On 05/19/2011 05:17 AM, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
> On 05/19/2011 04:12:24 AM, Valmor de Almeida wrote:
>>

>> Hello,
>>
>> Is SystemRescueCd still a good system rescue tool? The web site has
>> not
>> been updated for over 1 year. Thanks for other suggestions.
>>

> It even offers a beta version which has been working for me ever since.
>
> Currently (2.2.0-beta005 dated 2011-05-18) even offers a 2.6.39-...
> kernel. It's even more recent than GenToo ~ system.
>
> Since I'm using btrfs I always take the most recent kernel - just in
> case.
>
> Helmut.

Thanks for all the feedback.

--
Valmor

Old 05-20-2011, 11:22 AM
Coert Waagmeester

On 05/19/2011 04:12 AM, Valmor de Almeida wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is SystemRescueCd still a good system rescue tool? The web site has not
> been updated for over 1 year. Thanks for other suggestions.
>
> --
> Valmor

+1

I use it for all my gentoo installations as well.
Have even removed windows viruses from windows boxen with it.

Old 05-21-2011, 10:17 PM
walt

On 05/20/2011 04:22 AM, Coert Waagmeester wrote:
> On 05/19/2011 04:12 AM, Valmor de Almeida wrote:

>> Is SystemRescueCd still a good system rescue tool? The web site has not
>> been updated for over 1 year. Thanks for other suggestions.

> I use it for all my gentoo installations as well.
> Have even removed windows viruses from windows boxen with it.

How did you repair a windows box with it? I can't even begin to guess!