Old 05-18-2011, 12:57 PM
"JDM"

Default Framebuffer

Genthinktank,
How can you determine all the available frambuffer resolutions and colour depths on a particular host for vesafb. I normally set this through trial and error but there must be a command to determine these?
JDM

Old 05-18-2011, 01:11 PM
Indi

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 03:10:02PM +0200, JDM wrote:
> Genthinktank,
> How can you determine all the available frambuffer resolutions and colour depths on a particular host for vesafb. I normally set this through trial and error but there must be a command to determine these?
> JDM

I think "fbset" will do, check the man page.

--
caveat utilitor
♫ ❤ ♫ ❤ ♫ ❤ ♫

Old 05-18-2011, 01:22 PM
dong l

That's called vbe information.If you have grub2,you can enter the
command mode and type 'vbeinfo',or if you use uvesafb,you will get vbe
info here at /sys/devices/platform/uvesafb.0/graphics/fb0/modes

Old 05-18-2011, 01:29 PM
Mark Knecht

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 5:57 AM, JDM <jdm@arcticwolf.myzen.co.uk> wrote:
> Genthinktank,
> How can you determine all the available frambuffer resolutions and colour depths on a particular host for vesafb. I normally set this through trial and error but there must be a command to determine these?
> JDM

HTH,
Mark

c2stable ~ # hwinfo --framebuffer
02: None 00.0: 11001 VESA Framebuffer
[Created at bios.459]
Unique ID: rdCR.u0Yr_tr7pZ7
Hardware Class: framebuffer
Model: "NVIDIA GF100 Board - 10250008"
Vendor: "NVIDIA Corporation"
Device: "GF100 Board - 10250008"
SubVendor: "NVIDIA"
SubDevice:
Revision: "Chip Rev"
Memory Size: 14 MB
Memory Range: 0xd5000000-0xd5dfffff (rw)
Mode 0x0300: 640x400 (+640), 8 bits
Mode 0x0301: 640x480 (+640), 8 bits
Mode 0x0303: 800x600 (+800), 8 bits
Mode 0x030e: 320x200 (+640), 16 bits
Mode 0x030f: 320x200 (+1280), 24 bits
Mode 0x0311: 640x480 (+1280), 16 bits
Mode 0x0312: 640x480 (+2560), 24 bits
Mode 0x0314: 800x600 (+1600), 16 bits
Mode 0x0315: 800x600 (+3200), 24 bits
Mode 0x0330: 320x200 (+320), 8 bits
Mode 0x0331: 320x400 (+320), 8 bits
Mode 0x0332: 320x400 (+640), 16 bits
Mode 0x0333: 320x400 (+1280), 24 bits
Mode 0x0334: 320x240 (+320), 8 bits
Mode 0x0335: 320x240 (+640), 16 bits
Mode 0x0336: 320x240 (+1280), 24 bits
Mode 0x033d: 640x400 (+1280), 16 bits
Mode 0x033e: 640x400 (+2560), 24 bits
Config Status: cfg=new, avail=yes, need=no, active=unknown
c2stable ~ #