Old 05-14-2011, 12:12 PM
Dale

Default openrc/baselayout and console service messages

Howdy,

After the recent openrc/baselayout upgrade, I notice something missing.
Sometimes after a update I switch to single user then switch back to the
default runlevel. I notice when I switch to single user mode, I can see
the services stopping like usual. However, when I switch back to the
default runlevel, there are no messages at all. The way I usually
switch back is with this command:

rc default & exit

That worked fine with the old way but not with the new way. Is this
normal? Did I miss a config somewhere? Is this something I should file
so it can be changed?

Dale

:-) :-)